Klipsch RF-7 and RSW-10

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Jimmy_zdc, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Jimmy_zdc

Jimmy_zdc Agent

I have 4 RF-7's and a RSW 12(yes its an RSW12 not 10"; I made an error on the title of the post) that I'm thinking about selling them to buy 2 sets of RS-7s instead. I just bought a new house and the room for the theater is not as big as I expected so I need to go with speakers that hang on the wall. These 4 speakers and the sub are brand new in the box and have never been opened. I bought them at the retail price of $1099.99 per speaker and $1399.99 for the sub. What do you guys think I could sell the sub and each speaker for? Just trying to determine if its worth it.

Thanks,

Jaime

2. Mike Carter

Mike Carter Agent

What color are the RF7's? If they are new and in un opened boxes WITH THE SERIAL NUMBERS and can still be registered I will give you $1000 for a pair.

3. Jimmy_zdc

Jimmy_zdc Agent

The Speakers are all black and the sub too. They are brand new and the boxes have never been opened. They also have been stored inside a house, not a garage or storage center or anything like that. So they are perfect the way they were shipped from Klipsch. They have serial numbers and have full Klipsch warranty. These were actually purchased directly from Klipsch.

Mike,
    I'm not ready to sell, I'm just trying to gauge what I could resell these speakers for and if its worth it. But I might put them up for sale in the 'Marketplace Forum' if I do decide to sell. I will post here if I do decide to sell.

Thanks,

Jaime

4. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

5. Jimmy_zdc

Jimmy_zdc Agent

Thanks John! I never thought about Froogle!

Jaime

6. Ray_C

Ray_C Stunt Coordinator

The RS-7's are dipole surround speakers designed to diffuse the sound, so I would suggest getting at least one pair of monopolar/regular-type speakers for music if you're selling all four RF-7's. Most of the new Reference series bookshelf speakers can be wall-mounted, as they have front-firing ports. The closest thing would probably be the RB-75's, if you're looking for a similar tonal characteristic to the RF-7's.

7. Jimmy_zdc

Jimmy_zdc Agent

Actually I have 6 RF-7s and 2 RSW12's so what I was going to do was keep 2 of them and use them for my fronts. Then I would sell the other 4 RF-7s and one RSW12 and in turn buy 2 sets of RS-7s and the Outlaw Audio 950 Pre-Pro/Amp setup. I would use one set of RS-7s for my rears and another set for my rear centers.

As of right now I have a Monster Power 5100 Power Center, 500 ft. of Z1 Monster Cable for the surrounds, 1 pair of 10ft Z2 Bi-Wire Cable for the fronts. I dont have a DVD player or projector yet. But for the projector I was looking into the InFocus Screenplay 5200 or 7200. Someone I know has the 7200 so when he gets his theater going I'm gonna go check it out. But he did a test run the other day and he said it looked awesome.

What do you guys think so far?

Thanks

Jaime

8. Ray_C

Ray_C Stunt Coordinator

Throw an RC-7 Center somewhere in the mix, too. I would still also consider a pair of monopolar bookshelf speakers, perhaps as the surround rear channels (like the RB-75's or RB-35's), as two sets of dipoles might diffuse things too much back there. Where the heck were you able to fit 6 RF-7's in the first place?! If you sell the 4 RF-7's and one RSW-12 for a comfortable amount, you should have plenty to choose from. Congrats on the new house.

9. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

Klipsch warranties are not transferrable, unless they changed their policies in the last 6 months.

I purchased my RF7s for $1300 new in box, and have recently thought about an RSW12 $1000 or a RSW15 $1200 all authoirzed.

I have received quotes from an authorized dealer as low as $1480 for a pair of RF7s shipped and RSW 12 and 15 for $950 and 1100 shipped. Of course I have dealt with this firm several times.

10. Jimmy_zdc

Jimmy_zdc Agent

Sorry I should have mentioned that I do have a RC-7 for my center. As for the warranties transfering I don't think it matters since I never even opened the box, therefore all the registration information and everything is still inside. Just like if it was just purchased.

As for me buying 6 RF-7s , haha, I'm not real sure what I was thinking on that one [​IMG]

Thanks about the house! I can't wait until it's done. Still got to wait until June for it to be finished being built [​IMG]

Jaime