Klipsch RF-5/RF-7 for movies?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StevenB, Apr 7, 2002.

1. StevenB

StevenB Agent

Hello,
    I am currently in the process of giving my Home Theatre speakers an overhaul since my front mains are starting to kick the bucket (cone blew on one). What I have auditioned and found that I liked thus far are the Klipsch RF series, but the RF-5 or RF-7 in particular for my front mains.
    If I decide to go with this line of speaker in this series for my entire setup in the next few months, will movie tracks sound as good as the music does?
    In short, when I auditioned them, they only had music on, no movie soundtracks. I know they sounded great for music, but since I listen 50/50 between music and movies, I am not so sure this line is where I want to go in my search for a new speaker setup. Thanks for any help.
    Steve

2. Yann

Yann Auditioning

I personaly don't own those speakers, but I have heard them in a HT setup (store demo). Klipsch is known for good HT speakers, and these are no exception. I wouldn't have any qualms about using them for theatre.

3. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

I have the Klipsch Reference series all around (RF-3, RB-3, RC-3) and I use my system for %70 movies, %30 music, and I couldn't be happier with them.

You won't be dissapointed with either of those speakers, and the RF-7's are incredible!

4. Kevin McCurdy

Kevin McCurdy Stunt Coordinator

Steven,

I have the RF-5's and I believe they perform very well for both movies and music. If you like the way they sound on music then I believe you'll feel the same for movies.

My main interest was primarily movies and that was reason I purchased the klipsch RF series speakers. After auditioning a lot of the other speakers in my price range, I found I preferred the Klipsch RF series.

Since upgrading my front sound stage from RF-3's/RC-3 to RF-5's/RC-7, I've found myself wanting to listen to more music, so I think the RF-5's would be a good choice. I didn't spend much time demoeing the RF-7's, so I can't give you a comparison between the two.

My current speaker setup consists of the RF-5's, RC-7, RF-3's and RS-3's.