klipsch rf-35's or rf-5's?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by BradleyS., Oct 14, 2005.

1. BradleyS.

BradleyS. Stunt Coordinator

I'm still continuing to piece together my HT and now i've come to the tower speakers. I have a large room about 25x30x10, and am having trouble deciding between the 35's and 5's. I am powering the mains with a yamaha rx-v1500. I am figuring that the main difference between the two models is bass response due to the 5's larger woofers, but I am most likely going to be investing in a svs pb-12/2isd or something similiar. So is it really neccesary to upgrade to the 5's? I would also appreciate any information on internet sites that sell klipsch tower speakers. I'm not weary about buying online and I like online prices alot better than in store prices. I'm just having trouble finding the towers online except for a few that are on ebay.

2. Yong Chan

Yong Chan Stunt Coordinator

Hey,
    I'm thinking the same thing. I am planning to buy a pair of Klipsch from my installer. I am deciding between the RF-5's and the RF 35's. I auditioned the RF-35's, but I have never heard the RF 5's. What's the best local price you found? I believe I was offered 15% off the MSRP. I am interested in how you are going to resolve this issue. I have to admit, I tend to buy the more expensive of two options, assuming the more expensive is better. I know, I know, this is generally stupid and ill advised. Anyways, good post.

yc