What's new

Klipsch RF-3 IIs? (1 Viewer)

Tim Hess

Second Unit
Ack! I just ordered and RC-3 (not II) and I was sent the new RC-3 II as a 'gift' due to a 'mis-communication! Is this going to sound 'different' compared to my RF3/RS3s as far as timbre goes?
The specs of the RC-3 II appear to be the same as the RC-3 except the RF-3 II has a Higher Frequency crossover @ 2100Hz compared to the RC-3s @ 1950Hz, not that much of a difference...
This speaker was purchased for the rear surround position and I'm very worried that it will 'out perform' the 'older version' thereby sound a little off. If I keep it, I would obviously put the newer one as the main center and the old one as the read surround...
Thoughts?
[Edited last by Tim Hess on September 26, 2001 at 03:16 PM]

Tim Hess

Second Unit
After doing some more research, all models receive the new Monster Cable networks, and new inner-pack. The RB-5 II & RF-3 II additionally get snap-lock port tubes. The RB-5 II also gets a motorboard logo and the change to the three new wood finishes. The RF-3 II gets a motorboard logo too, plus the bigger feet of the 5 & 7 (and they come installed), plus convoluted foam inside. The center channel is the only speaker of the series to get any real internal changes(freq. crossover). That's all I can see/find different. If there are more anyone, please share them!
Looks like it won't be that bad after all, I'll let you all know when it's all hooked up!
[Edited last by Tim Hess on September 26, 2001 at 09:04 PM]

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
did you notice any tonal differences?? I have it the other way around...Rc-3 and rf-3II so let me know....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks