Klipsch RF-3 IIs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Hess, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Tim Hess

Tim Hess Second Unit

Ack! I just ordered and RC-3 (not II) and I was sent the new RC-3 II as a 'gift' due to a 'mis-communication! Is this going to sound 'different' compared to my RF3/RS3s as far as timbre goes?
    The specs of the RC-3 II appear to be the same as the RC-3 except the RF-3 II has a Higher Frequency crossover @ 2100Hz compared to the RC-3s @ 1950Hz, not that much of a difference...
    This speaker was purchased for the rear surround position and I'm very worried that it will 'out perform' the 'older version' thereby sound a little off. If I keep it, I would obviously put the newer one as the main center and the old one as the read surround...
    Thoughts?
    [Edited last by Tim Hess on September 26, 2001 at 03:16 PM]

2. Tim Hess

Tim Hess Second Unit

After doing some more research, all models receive the new Monster Cable networks, and new inner-pack. The RB-5 II & RF-3 II additionally get snap-lock port tubes. The RB-5 II also gets a motorboard logo and the change to the three new wood finishes. The RF-3 II gets a motorboard logo too, plus the bigger feet of the 5 & 7 (and they come installed), plus convoluted foam inside. The center channel is the only speaker of the series to get any real internal changes(freq. crossover). That's all I can see/find different. If there are more anyone, please share them!
    Looks like it won't be that bad after all, I'll let you all know when it's all hooked up!
    [Edited last by Tim Hess on September 26, 2001 at 09:04 PM]

3. Brian Fineberg

Brian Fineberg Second Unit

did you notice any tonal differences?? I have it the other way around...Rc-3 and rf-3II so let me know....