What's new

Klipsch Reference Series (1 Viewer)

Charles_B

Auditioning
Hey folks, first post here so forgive me if i dont completely get my points accross ;)

Currently I'm using a 5.1 setup i got with a aiwa home theatre kit, for a total of 250 bucks like 5 years ago. I've since upgraded my Reciever to a Pioneer VSX (forgot the exact model) But my main question for this thread is, what are your personal experiences with Klipsch speakers? I'm looking at the reference series which seem to be within my pricerange (1500 or 1600 total for speakers)

I listened to these in person and absolutely loved them. I can piece them together on the internet within my pricerange. Any good/bad reviews? let me know :)

Juan_T

Stunt Coordinator
I have not heard them with a Pioneer Receiver. I have the Reference 3 line hooked up to my Denon AVR3802 and I absolutely love them. The separation of instruments, vocals, etc.. is extremely clear. I love them. I give them a big :emoji_thumbsup:

What line are you looking at?

Charles_B

Auditioning
I'm looking at the Klipsch RB-35 Reference Series. It's a Pioneer VSX Amp, i think it does somewhere in the neighborhood of 110 watts per channel?

What are your opinions on the rb-35s?

Allen_N

Stunt Coordinator
I have the RF-25 with the RC-35 center. I find them to be excellent speakers. I was going to go with the RF-35 but I got such a good price on the 25's that I could not pass them up. The only issue you will have with the bookshelves is a lack of lower end which can be made up with a good subwoofer. If I didn't like the look of a floorstander so much I would have went with the RB-35 as well as they are an excellent performer for the price.

I ran mine with a pioneer, kenwood, and yamaha receiver. They all worked fine for me. I'm on conrete at the moment (living in in-laws partially finished basement while house being built) so that makes them a little brighter. If you can swing the money I would go the RB-75 but since they are twice the price of the RB-35 I didn't have the money. I would use the RC-7 as your center though. I find it to be the best center of the line by far. I just got such a good deal on my RC-35 that I couldn't pass it up either ;)

I'll eventually buy some RB-35 to use for my rears as they match the sensitivity of my fronts/center very well.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I use the RB-75s up front with the C-7 center and the RB-35s in back. After switching over to this set-up powered by a 1804 Denon, I have had no desire to upgrade speakers. I did try out the 5 towers but opted for the 75s. They have the same 1.75 tweeter the C-7 has. The 35 center is a nice center also imo but not a C-7 respectfully. For your $$, the RB-35s/RC-35 are good performance for your dollar and the 5s can be had at a very reasonable price also.

LCSeminole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Laurence
I have 4 Klipsch Reference series RB-5II's as side & rear surrounds mixed with 3 Klipsch Legend series speakers(KLF-20's & a KLF-C7)up front. The efficiency of this set-up made me think that I couldn't be happier running it with a good receiver, well I was wrong. Two solid NAD power amps and a Rotel pre/pro later, and the soundstage has opened up. My Klipsch set-up is pure heaven to me.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks