What's new

Klipsch Reference Series? (1 Viewer)

Nick.S

Stunt Coordinator
I know there is some mixed feelings about the klipsch speakers here. I am looking online and found some Klipsch Reference speakers RF-25 for about 300 per speaker. Has anyone heard the reference series from klipsch? I really dont have access to a store that carries these.

Thanks
Nick.S

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
The RF-25's are a great speaker. Are you going to be using a sub? If you are they would work great. If not I would go at least the RF-35's. They use a dual 8" drivers. So they have decent bass, then the next ones up use dual 10's.

MartyK

Agent
Nick,

I have the orginal Reference Series (RF-3, RC-3, RS-3) and they excel for both home theater and music. You will want to pick-up a sub for the low end.

Marty

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I run the Reference RB-75s for mains and the RC-7 center along with the RB-35s for surround duty. I had the RF-5 towers but traded them in for the new RB-75 books with the 1.7 tweeter that match the C-7 center. Absolutely incredible for HT and music imo. No semblance what so ever on the HT front and nice dispersion. Very easy to drive also. Some would consider them a little forward (I would to) but I rather enjoy what they/Klipsch reference series bring to the table.

Joe Blech

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with these opinions. I am a fan of Klipsch and enjoy their presence, but I would recommend really trying to get an opportunity to listen to some before you make a decision. The Klipsch's have a good sound and they are a quality speaker, but they are not for everyone (Mostly because some people find the horn tweeter design to be a little harsh and fatiguing).

Dave Man

Stunt Coordinator
Another fan of Klipsch speakers here-I own the Rf-7s all the way around with the RSW-15 sub. I couldn't be happier, well, until I upgrade my receiver, and then when I ... lol you guys know the rest of THAT story!!!

David

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
Just got RF-25s yesterday - so far I'm enthralled with my choice. Went in looking at KEFs that were on sale, but liked the RF-25s a lot better. I was in heaven listening to the Zepplin DVD...can't wait to get out of work for more listening!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Great! Good to hear. If you still feel the same in a month,? then we'll consider you a true Klipsch fan. Never a dull moment with Klipsch if their your cup of tea you know.

mackie

Supporting Actor
I used to have an older model before the reference series came out. I sold them when I changed my HT setup since I really don't have room for 2 HT systems. I now have Paradigm setup that's awesome, but I miss the Klipsch speakers... I hope you enjoy your Klipsch as much as I did.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I think Klipsch makes great speakers, but have never had the opportunity to listen for extended periods of time (which is when some people experience the "brightness" and headaches). Another note: I may be wrong, but I don't think Klipsch has any online dealers, so understand that you may or may not be purchasing from an unauthorized person which would void the warranty.

jephdood

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
I also have RF-3's (predecessor to the RF-35) at the 4 corners in my HT with an RC-3II at center and a couple of RS-3II's for rear effects. A HSU VTF-3 MKII takes care of the "down n' dirty". The Reference series is simply AMAZING for HT.

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone has the Klipsch RW 12 Subwoofer ? Need some reviews/comments on it's performance coz expecting my
order to arrive next weekend.My Velodyne VA810XII 8" woofer
got popped and could'nt find replacement coz it's a 1996
model sad to let it go. Anyway thanks in advance for any
feedback on the Klipsch.

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone has the Klipsch RW 12 Subwoofer ? Need some reviews/comments on it's performance coz expecting my
order to arrive next weekend.My Velodyne VA810XII 8" woofer
got popped and could'nt find replacement coz it's a 1996
model sad to let it go. Anyway thanks in advance for any
feedback on the Klipsch.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
order to arrive next weekend.
__________________________________________________ _______

Are you saying you ordered the sub?

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
order to arrive next weekend.
__________________________________________________ _______

Are you saying you ordered the sub?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks