Klipsch Reference series Large or Small

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by aaron_dewitt, Mar 10, 2002.

1. aaron_dewitt

aaron_dewitt Agent

I plan on getting the RF 3 or RF 5's should i set these to large speakers or small speakers? Also i plan on geting the RC-3 or RC-7 and teh Rs-3 or RS-7's should all of these speakers be set to large or small on my reicever? THanks for the input.

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

If you have a good sub, small.

3. Joe-T

Joe-T Stunt Coordinator

I have KLF 20s for mains, a KLF C7 for center, RS-7s for surrounds, and a pair of SVS 16-46CS+ subs. I have all the speakers set to small and it sounds the best to me. On the Klipsch forum, one guy has SIX KLF 30s for 6.1, two KLF C7s as front effects, and a pair of SVS CS-Ultras. He has all those massive speakers set to small on his system (almost a shame). Just make sure you have good subs to handle the intense bass that is redirected to them.

4. aaron_dewitt

aaron_dewitt Agent

Where is the Klipsch forum? I have a ps1000. Thanks for the advice. If i plan on doing 7.1 on my system. Do i buy 4 Rs-3's or RS-7's to put around me? or do you just get 2 RS's for the sides then something else for the back? Thanks.

5. Joe-T

Joe-T Stunt Coordinator

It's at www.klipsch.com and then just click on "forum" at the top menu bar. Its really a thriving forum for a single speaker company, albeit a large and historic one.
    Aaron, I would go with whatever would fit best in your room and your budget. I currently only have 5.1 sound and 2 RS-7s for the surround speakers. I plan on adding two more in the future when I upgrade to 7.1, but I won't do that until I move and appraise the future room. If you get the RS-x series speakers, I would definitely use them for the side surrounds and the rear could be either direct radiating (bookshelf, in-wall) or WDST (I would stay with the Reference series though), which ever works best for you. You should compare direct radiating to WDST at your local dealer and find your preference.