Klipsch Reference Rear Center Speaker for 6.1???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by mike_gg, Dec 24, 2002.

1. mike_gg

mike_gg Auditioning

I'm piecing together my surround system (6.1) and was wondering if someone offer a suggestion for a rear center speaker. Here's my system so far...
    Room Size: 30'Lx18'Wx9.5H (closed room)
    Receiver: Denon 3802
    Front Centre: RC3-II
    Front L/R: RF3-II
    Rear L/R: RF3-II
    Rear Center: ????
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39 PC+
    I'll be placing the left and right rears (RF3-II's) in the back corners of my room but was wondering if I should buy another RF3-II speaker for the rear center or get another RC3-II speaker. Can anyone offer suggestions on which speaker to go with to complete my 6.1 setup, thanks
    Mike[​IMG]

2. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

I'd go with a Klipsch RC-3 II. [​IMG]

3. Jack_V

Jack_V Extra

WOW surrounded by RF3's!

The back center does not have alot of action, but I'd love to have matching speakers all around if your room permits.

Couple of questions:

Do you like the RC3 in the center, I have one still sealed may return, I'm thinking I may like a fuller sound from the middle.

Its for a front projector setup, so I dont need the horizontal above/below tv it is designed for.

How do you like the RF3's with the 3802?
    I was tipped off to a boxing day deal on the receiver.

Was considering it or a HK520. There are the same price.

I prefer a warmer sound and I read on this form the HK520 may be the way to go over the Denon.

Both are from stores without returns so no demo possible with my speakers.

4. mike_gg

mike_gg Auditioning

Haris/Jack, thanx for the responses.

Jack, I can't comment on how my system sounds since I havn't purchased a receiver, yet. However, I've heard the RF3-II's on the 3802 and the sounds was warm and smooth for music, and excellent for HT.

Since Denon is pushing their new 3803 model, the 3802 are dirt cheap. I will be auditioning the 3802, 3803 and H/K 525 and likely the Pioneer 45TX models side-by-side in the new year. The dealer where I bought my Klipsch speakers (which I got for a good deal) is getting more receivers in January so that I can compare the 3802 with the other receivers.

From what I've read on the this forum (as well as the Klipsch forum), it seems to be a 50/50 split between pairing Klipsch speakers with H/K or Denon. When I get a chance to demo the various receivers I'll be sure to post my comments.

I know your looking to buy on Boxing Day and may be rushed to pick up a receiver. If you can pick up an awsome deal on an H/K 525 then I'd say go for it. If you are considering the 3802 I don't expect the price to climb after boxing day since the new 3803 is out.

I know your looking at the H/K 520 and if your only hooking up a 5.1 system, I think it will server its purpose. The 525 has 2 additional amplified channels (hence you can go 7.1) as well as a new base management system which you can better tweak you setup.

Hope this helps,

Mike

5. David Rudy

David Rudy Auditioning

I would go for the RS3II also, but then if I could get RF3II's all around in my room, I would!!!Hope this helps.