What's new

Klipsch Reference Package ? (1 Viewer)

Marcus Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Klipsch Reference package and you shold keep a copule things in mind:

1. I'm not sure how much music you listen too but the Klipsch can be too detailed (harsh?) for some; that said out of the box they are practically unlistenable IMO, so that could account for a significat number of -ve reviews with music ... mine included. It should be noted however that after 40 hours of so of break-in they are now nicely detailed and quite enjoyable on most recordings.

2. Due to their high sensitivity they play nice and loud with low power, however that does'nt mean they play louder or with less distortion above a certain SPL level than other less efficient speakers with adequate amplification. They are quite dynamic speakers and excel with action oriented movies.

3. I have mine paired with dual 16-46S+ subs from SVS ... These are MUCH better than the sub in your package and it makes a difference ...

4. If I were you or if I had to do it over again I'd go with GR-research as my 1st chouce the AV1+'s or if I HAD to have towers I'd go with the Rockets or the VMPS tower II's.
It's quite possible you will not need a sub with the tower II's as they're -3db at 22hz ...

Hope this helps.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
I have the Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers and love them.

It all depends on your taste and how you like your sound. :)

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Secondly, I would stay away from the Klipsch KSW-12 subwoofer. It isn't great. Get either a Klipsch RSW subwoofer or a SVS.

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
:D
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks