Klipsch Reference 3 Series, Did I do the right thing?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TravisMc, Jun 23, 2002.

1. TravisMc

TravisMc Stunt Coordinator

I recently bought a package deal from www.sounddistributors.com that included the following
    A pair of RF-3II's
    A pair of RS-3II's Surrounds
    A RC-3II Center
    And a KSW-15 Sub
    Im pairing all these with a Sony STR-DE685 Audio/Video Receiver
    Now, I know most of you look down on Sony Receiver products, but, it has all the features I want, and was only $299, and I really couldent afford to get into the 400+ price range
    Anyway, I have a friend who owns a pair of RP-3 Speakers (Horn, 6.5 Driver, 10" sub) and I really like the way they sounded
    But basically, I have only had experience with Klipsch, I went to a local HiFiBuys (Owned by tweeter) to audition some other stuff, but, knowing I wasent going to buy anything there, I really didnt look around all that much
    I guess what Im asking for, is opinions on Klipsch, can someone please reaffirm my decision? and tell me I bought a good brand, heh
    -Travis

2. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

TravisMC,
    Yes Klipsch makes good speakers, BUT did you make the right decision. Only YOUR wallet and ears can decide that [​IMG]
    If it makes you feel any better I have 8 Klipsch Legends in my HT and my ears LOVE them!!

3. Sebastien David

Sebastien David Second Unit

yes Travis, this is a personal decision, and only you will be able to justify/reinforce it by enjoying the hell out of your system.

-Seb

4. EricE

EricE Agent

What's the return policy of the place you bought it? If you listen to them A LOT within the amount of time you can return them and you find out that you really don't like them, by all means return them. Unless of course they have a huge restocking fee, in which case you might want to sell on ebay or something. The thing about home audio speakers is that if you really don't like them, you have TONS of other choices to get the speaker that fits you the best. In my opinion, don't stop until you find your perfect speaker for your budget.

5. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

Yes I feel you did. But do you? They are GREAT!! Crank that shit foo' relax. They are AWSOME!

6. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Of course you did the right thing!!! Those Reference speakers are unbelievable. I hear them and then I listen to other speakers and they all seem to have something missing compared to the Klipsch Reference speakers. They are just heaven for your ears.

7. Michael Lomker

Michael Lomker Stunt Coordinator

I wouldn't skimp on the speakers. If you are like most people you'll be using them for 5-10 years before they are replaced.

You can upgrade the receiver later on. When you are ready to sample better processors you can probably arrange to audition a few in your home.