Klipsch rear surround placement

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn _G, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Shawn _G

Shawn _G Auditioning

I have attached a crude diagram that I have come up with and I could use some advice This is my current home theater layout and would like suggestions on placement of klipsch RS-3II. I usually sit in seat A which is approximately five feet from the wall. My fiancé usually sits in seat B which is about four feet from my chair. The problem is C is at its farthest point it is thirteen feet and is a dry wall finished air-conditioning duct and protrudes about six inches down from the ceiling. The next option is the far wall, which is eighteen feet from the other wall. My thoughts were either on the farthest side of the air-conditioning duct or the far wall. Also I need a two channel amp for a Denon 2802 if I am using it as a preout and can someone point me out a moderately priced amp and perhaps an article on how to wire the amp to the preouts. Is 15 feet wide enough for 7.1 surround or should I stick with 6.1. Also can someone recommend a speaker mount company that doesn't requirer you to drill into the back of the speaker.
    Thanks,Shawn
    http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/do...-4B8E5AFD7BCD}

2. Fletch

Fletch Agent

I think I have a similar Klipsch bookshelf for my system.If you have a Home Depot or Lowes,they might have what I bought to mount mine.Cannot remember the name but they have a bracket that slides under and clamps the speaker to the mount. they have worked nicely for me. they do need mounting to the wall. Preferrably in a stud.If I think of the company I will write back.I do know they are the largest set they make.The only downside to these are your room looks like a recording studio,or maybe that is a good thing.

3. Shawn _G

Shawn _G Auditioning

bump

4. Shawn _G

Shawn _G Auditioning

Anyone on placement on the rear speakers would the far wall 18 feet be to far for lisining? Will C be to Close to seat B? I am really in a spot here geting my speakers in a couple of days and need all the advise I can get.

Thanks Everyone,
    Shawn