Klipsch RB-35 or Paradigm Monitor 5v2

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Bob_S, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Bob_S

Bob_S Stunt Coordinator

I need some help deciding. I'm deciding between the two. They will be ran off a QSC RMX850 untill I can afford something better. I've always liked klipsch and own a set of ksb 2.1s which I love. These are for my dorm room so I want something that will sound good at low volumes but also crank when I want to. I went and listened to both tonight and liked the klipsch a little better but ofcourse, the paradigm are cheaper and money is tight. so does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Steve Lucas

Steve Lucas Stunt Coordinator

It's up to your ears. I don't think they sound much alike at all. I auditioned Klipsch reference series and didn't care for them, then I found Paradigm Monitor series and they blew me away. But my taste is obviously different from yours. I guess the you need to ask yourself if the small difference you hear in quality is worth the extra money to you.

3. Craig Cole

Craig Cole Auditioning

Listen to both. Buy the one that sounds better to you.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I had the v2 5s for about 2yrs and was very happy with them. Their sensitivity is high and they move a lot of air, so they can fill even larger rooms with plenty of sound and don't require a ton of power.

5. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

If you like Klipsch then I doubt you will be happy with the Paradigms.

6. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

Get what you really like and then you'll be done and not thinking, "Man I still should go get those Klipsch". That will eventually be more costly.

7. Bob_S

Bob_S Stunt Coordinator

I'm gonna go back to the shop tommorrow and bring some of my music and listen. I didn't get much time with the paradigms so I'll spend more time tommorrow. Also, they had a demo pair of RB-5II's and sb-3's so I was thinmking of maybe working out a deal and saving some money for a nice amp. I've aready decided to get a real pre-amp instead of the computer. So I'm gonna go listen more and be back later, thanks guys.

8. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

The RB-5IIs will get alot louder with less disortions than the Paradigms, and it only takes a few watts to do it. [​IMG]

9. cabreau

cabreau Second Unit

If it was for music, I'd go with Klipsch, for HT, I'd choose the Paradigms. But that's me, the final choice is up to you.