What's new

Klipsch RB-3 vs. RF-3 difference?? (1 Viewer)

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
I know one is a tower and one is a bookshelf but how similar are the sound. I know it is a difference of about 100 dollars so could someone let me know the differencce. I am goig to get one fo the two and I am not sure which. I am trying to stay moneywise here so any pinching I can do would be great. If the sound is the same I don't need floors perse. Anyhow thanks ahead of time!!
-B

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I just listened to these two different sets of speakers just over a month ago, and the RF-3's sound a lot better. The RB-3's sound real good for bookshelves, and I have even considered getting a pair for my surrounds, but the RF-3's have a much "fuller" sound and better bass. I recommend getting the RF-3's if you can, I did. :)
You can click the link in my sig to check them out.
-Dean-
patriot.gif

------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
Thanks Dean for the reply. You said the bass response is better on the rf-3 I would guess that. I am using these 90% HT so would I be fine with either or do you completly recomend the floors? Just a few follow up Q's. I am running it with a denon 3801. Thanks again

Trevor H

Second Unit
Hi Brian,
I would cast my vote for the RF-3's, are you planning on getting a RC-3 and RS-3's also? I have them all and also a 3801 and SVS I love the sound for HT and music.
click on my sig for pics.
------------------
Trevor Harder
My HT Page
[email protected]

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
Trevor,
Yes I do plan on getting the rc-3, and rs-3. The rc-3 i will get immediatly but I am going to wait for some more funds to get the matching surrounds. I am really excited to get these I have been looking for a great quality speaker for some time now. Thanks for everyones replies and I will let you know how I do.

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
Oh by the wway how is the timbre matching is it seamless?? right now I have sony center and mains and there is still a difference in tone and it bugs the crap out of me. Also I heard the grill for the fr-3 is cheap as can be is that true? Any more thoughts would b great thanks!!
-B

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Brian,
The timbre matching is very good. My system (RF-3 mains, RC-3 center, RS-3 surrounds, SVS20-39CS w/Samson amp, Onkyo 787) sounds dead-on when a movie pans.
The grills are nothing to brag about, but the speakers look much better without them.
I strongly encourage you to try them out!

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
Well I went ou today and bought the RC-3. I got an awesome deal on it I got it for 200 brand new. I know a guy who works at tweeterand he gave it to me for the lowest possible price. this thing is huge!! And already I hear adifference in my soundstage it is much wider! Anyway I will be ordering the RF-3's to match in the next week . I am getting the new ones with monster cable wiring for 615 shipped. good deal?? Anyhow thanks for all your help!
-B

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Brian,
Let us know how they sound when you get them. I also agree that the RC-3 is very seamless with pans when matched with the RF-3's.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
Well, I finnaly got the Rf-3's and man!! I love them!! They are so crystal clear and the imaging is increible. All of the small little sounds that I never heard before. These things are big too. Anyway. I was sick when i got them and barley had enough strngth to bring them in my room but I managed and decided to use the crappy wire that connected my sony mains. So i still have to rewire them with my new 12 guage monster cable and also bi-wire them . but I thank ALL of you that helped me with this purcahse!! I am now a klipsch family member!! Thanks again!!
-B

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
Cool! I am glad you like them! Welcome to the Klipsch Family!
I have the RB5s and love them. The sound is just so detailed and life-like! The more you listen to them the more you love them! Movies jump out at you now!
Enjoy!
Bryan

Mike Sheahan

Stunt Coordinator
They seem to get better with age as well.
I've had mine for almost two months now, and they seem much smoother sounding now. My friends that come by for a movie once and a while noticed it too.
Also, even though you said you use them primarily for HT, I think you'll notice yourself pulling out the CD collection more often now for a good listen too. I know I have.

Jerry_S

Auditioning
I just went with a friend to look at the RF3 II's but they are not getting any in until the sell their stock of RF3's. They had so many RF3's in stock, they gave them to him for $619. For a local price I think it's a good deal. I have the KLF-20's and I but I like the sound of the the RF3's.

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
Actually the pair I got were the RF-3II. They have the monster cable inside and they have a foam inserted inside the cabinet. I got them online at an authorized Klipsch dealer fo 570 shipped. My local tweeter wanted 750(and that was discounted) Just to let you know.
-B

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Hey Brian,
Quite the deal you got! (Wowzer)...! May I ask where you found them for that?
E-mail me if you prefer.
[email protected]
Thanks, Geoff
[Edited last by Geoff L on October 05, 2001 at 07:11 AM]

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
Geoff,
I got them at brandnamez.com. Check them out. They ship really fast and have great service! I called Klipsch and they said they were indeed authorized. I highly recomend you check them out. It is such a good buy. Now that I am an owner I can not recommend these enough.(now just to get the rs-3 to complete the arrangement!
-B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks