Klipsch RB-25s vs ProMedia GSX 2.1

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Shane Morales, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

Jul 9, 2003

Here's the deal. I currently have the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speaker system hooked up to my computer. I love it. I love the bass, the punch, the over all sound; I think it kicks ass. I'd like a small music-only system for my dining room area and I was thinking that hooking up a portable CD player to the ProMedia GMX 2.1 set would be a fine and inexpensive solution. As I said, I already know I'll like the sound.

But I'm also considering a bookshelf system with the RB-25s (no subwoofer). This would be a more expensive solution as I'd have to get a player and a reciever/amp, etc.

So I'm hoping someone here has heard both of these types of speakers and would be willing to have their say about them.

2. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

Aug 13, 2003
    Well I own the ProMedia 4.1's for my PC myself and they have great sound. Now if you go with the GMX you're going to get that subwoofer but the GMX series in my opinion isn't as good as the ProMedia. (subwoofer lacks some punch, speakers are not as powerful)

The RB-25 is great but I think the lowest freq. you will get from them is about 45Hz, so a subwoofer will eventually need to be added. (The Promedia 2,1 reaches about 35Hz for comparison)

So if you can save the money and get the RB-25's it will be alot better than the computer set from Klipsch you are looking at and will provide alot more "room filling" sound.

Hope this helps you.