What's new

Klipsch paired with Denon reciever (1 Viewer)

Greg Van Hulle

Auditioning
I have heard that Klipsch RB-5 speakers are different sounding speakers with different recievers. I was looking at a lower end Denon 6.1 DD reciever and was wondering do the pair make a good couple to make a natural powerful sound.

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
From what I've gathered from the more experienced I can say that Klipsch speakers, due to their sensitivity, can be driven relatively easily. So if you're thinking about a lower end receiver you should be able to draw more potential from Klipsch speakers than most others. On the other hand, they seem to have a very distinct sound that translates into a love/hate relationship. As most would say, go listen to them and see if the sound agrees with you.

In general, I've heard them described as bright, which can be the mortal enemy to the eardrum (I know it is to mine). I'll mention that I've never heard Klipsch speakers in a home theater environment, so I cannot attest to these comments, but I believe them to be the most general opinion of the boards.

BTW - What Denon are you considering? I own a 1803 and have been contemplating a speaker upgrade from my JBL's. I'd be interested to hear a first hand account of the Denon/Klipsch pairing.

Cam S

Screenwriter
The only amp that doesn't sound good with the reference speakers are any amps by Yamaha. I have Yamaha everything upstairs in the music system, and the RB-3's sounds incredibly bright and fatiguing.

MarcVH

Second Unit
The other issue with Klipsch is that "sensitive" means they'll be revealing of everything, including any imperfections. For example, they will do a more efficient job of revealing amplifier hiss. So, although your amp doesn't need to be as powerful, it may need to be quieter.

CurtisC

Second Unit
Denon and Klipsch are a natural,buy and try,do not take any opinions as facts.They are super efficient,if you have poor amp,dvd,cd etc..they can't make it sound better(probably worse.They don't muffle or color sound,they recreate the sources,for good (in my case 3802,rf7,parasound 1205a)or bad.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Yes, Denon and Klipsch are a good match. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Denon was the brand most frequently mated with the Klipsch. And, in my opinion, Klipsch are great speakers - provided they're paired with something like Denon that complements their sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks