What's new

Klipsch or Paradigm for HT (1 Viewer)

Brad Newton

Second Unit
Listened to both today, Monitor 11 & (can't remember now if they RF3 or RC3). I thought Klipsch were too bright, but they didn't seem that way today, they just seemed more distinct. Sounded like you could hear the instruments more definable than the monitor 11. They will be used mostly for HT with some music, and probably paired with a Pioneer 45 in a fairly large room (25' x 15').

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
I have listened to Paradigm Monitor series and think they sound great. But if your ears prefer Klipsch, go with what sounds good to you.

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
Another thing, I'm not sure what specific Klipsch models you are referring to but since they are generally efficient, you could use them in a large room more easily.

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
You are probably referring to the RF3 II, since the RC3 is a center channel:wink:

Not sure what the rating on the Monitors are but the Klipsch are 8 ohms, which you will need if you have/are getting the Pioneer VSX-45tx (this has a hard time driving 4 or 6 ohm speakers).

BTW, I have the RF3's and really like them, although bright at times.

To each his own

NicholasL

Second Unit
I have that exact combination. The 45TX and 3 pairs of Klipsch RF-3 II's. Lemme tell you, it is literally true when people say you can play a cd, set it onto 7-D stereo (all speakers play equally loud), and you close your eyes...it truly feels as if there is somebody standing 10 feet in front of you singing.

Brad Newton

Second Unit
Chris,

When do they seem "bright" to you? Listening to music, if so, what type? When I had listened to them previously, they did sound a tad bright, now I don't know if they were new & hadn't broken in (if that is required), because the ones I listened to yesterday had been on display for a while and they just seemed to have better separation than the Monitors.

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
In my post, specifically I was thinking about Queen, in Another One Bites the Dust, where they have the special effects sounds, it gets overwhelming at times. The clarity is almost too good that it hurts my ears at higher listening levels. (I know... such a sad complaint to have).
:)
This is also due in part to what I had driving them until yesterday. It was an only audio system. It was an old Carver amp/Luxman preamp setup that was habitually on the brighter/harsher side as well.

I am also shopping for a new receiver and was looking at the 45tx. Sounded very very good in the store.
Cross-shopping a HK avr-525.

BTW, I have never heard Paradigms, but from what I've read, excellent speaker as well. (deals to be had in Canada supposedly) unless you of course were talking about Monitor Audio (the brand):crazy:

DanaA

Screenwriter
Klipsch are highly sensitive to the audio gear they're matched with. Pair them with a bright receiver and they'll sound way too bright, at least to me. I've been hearing good things lately over at the Klipsch board about how Pioneers and Klipsch work well together. Haven't tested it out myself though.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I use the klipsch RF3-II's in my living room. . . I never did like treble much until I heard these speakers. it is very true that the horn tweeter on them is an acquired taste. but once your ears adjust to hearing such high frequencies everything else just seems to lack. . . "life". imho the klipsch speakers are quite good and do good justice to musical pieces that involve higher tones, flutes and piccolos in orchestral pieces all the way to the beeps, whines, and whirls in modern electronica.

anyway, I love these speakers, I do agree that they can be bright at times (though combining them with the gernally considered "bright" sony da5es is surely to blame for this :p). If I ever get more speakers it will be along the same lines as klipsch if it weren't from klipsch themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks