What's new

Klipsch on-line dealers? RSW-12 v ?? (1 Viewer)

Hi,

This is my first post. I lurked around for a little while and absorbed as much info as possible. Thanks for the valuable information. Really.

Now for my situation: I have been "authorized" to replace the entire home audio system. This is what I think I want: Onkyo xt sr-701 receiver, Klipsch rf-35, rc-35,rs-35, an rs-35 for the rear surround. I was strongly leaning toward a Klipsch RSW-12 for a subwoofer, but became intrigued by the other offerings out there (SV Subs? perhaps). I sort of downplayed the cost/benefits/bulk of a sub to the wife, but till have the green light to get what I want as long as it is reasonable.

I don't know if I am like most everybody else, where the "initial seed planting budget" is always extremely reasonable, and over time (and of course after some good consumer research to determine the best buy heh, heh, heh) brings the final budget to much more than originally allotted. Oh well.

I am looking for the best of both worlds, great HT and great music audio.

My previous system is over 10 yrs old, an old Onkyo with state of the art Dolby pro logic, Dana audio main speakers, (used to have a Dana audio sub, but bottomed it out, and they said it was not for HT, so they took it back, I never replaced it), some old Kenwood surrounds (now 30 yrs old) and a Boston Acoustics center. Every speaker has a different timbre, whew!

Of course I want to get the best deal and have looked for legitimate on-line Klipsch dealers, but they seem to be vanishing possibly due to the wave of lawsuits from Klipsch.

Does anyone have any good sources for a Klipsch on-line dealer that can still provide the mfgr's warranty?

Also, I have NOT been authorized to upgrade the video portion to my liking (front projection system), so I am going to make due with a small Akai RP HDTV for now. Don't laugh, It is a big step up from the "state of the art" 10 year old Panasonic 27 incher.

So, any suggestions?

Bryan Weaver
San Diego

Dave Man

Stunt Coordinator
Bryan,

You should check out the Goodguys stores. They are an authorized online dealer, but they are also located in San Diego (as well as all over CA). Their internet pricing looks to be MSRP, so I would recommend stopping in and seeing how much they will deal with you.

Have you established a budget for the loudspeaker system yet?

David

David,

I went to one of the Good Guys stores and got a chance to compare the Klipsch with others like Energy. That is where I deicided I like the speakers, but thought they were out of range. I have about $2000 for speakers (2 fr, 1 center, 3 surrounds) plus a little more for a premium sub.

Right now I am working on a project in Anaheim and might look around here (I really don't know this part of SoCal) to see if there is more shops that sell the reference line.

Bryan

George Szzz

Auditioning
Bryan:

You've focused premier speakers -- -- Klipsch. Please know there are a lot of online dealers pitching lowball prices on Klipsch. Unfortunately none of them are authorized dealers. If you do a Google search for "Klipsch" and "court" you'll find an article entitled "Klipsch vs. Resellers" explaining how Klipsch is suing to prevent unauthorized online sales. [Sorry, I can't post the URL because I'm not a senior enough member of this forum.]

If you use an online dealer search engine, you can read consumer reviews (horror stories) from people who got damaged Klipsch speakers from unauthorized online dealers. To be fair, a few got OK speakers at a low price. I believe it is a gamble. The article I've tried to link you to above ties it all together.

My understanding is that Goodguys is definitely an authorized dealer.

Regarding subs: HSU and SVS seem to be very very popular. I'm looking into buying one of them myself.

Good luck and have fun.

George

Frank.Ch

Agent
Let me know how you like your Klipsch set up. I am going with the Best Buy SF-3 Klipsch set up for my first home theater. My original budget was $1,000, with the Yamaha 5760 and the Athena Micra 6 series. But I ended up with total $2000 SF-3 package. Hopefully this will satisify the need for now... I see an upgrade to a SVS sub in the future ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks