What's new

Klipsch KSW sub? (1 Viewer)

ray tubach

Stunt Coordinator
Costco has the Klipsch 10" KSW sub for $199. Does anyone know anything about this and would it be a good deal compared to anything else that's available at this level?

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Not a bad price. $400 retail.

For that sort of money, probably VERY hard to beat. You are alsp getting it new, from a company (Klipsch AND Costco) with a great reputation and support.

If that is your budget, I would go for it.

Lyle_E

Stunt Coordinator
I had a KSW 10 for 2 years and was very hapy with it until i got bit by the **GRUNT** More Power bug...

sounds like a good deal

ray tubach

Stunt Coordinator
well, this is interesting. here's an excerpt from an old review I found at:

http://www.audio-ideas.com/reviews/h...y_quintet.html

..."the subwoofer pretty much fills in at 150 Hz, as the curves show, and it's also a good sub at the bottom of its range, +/-3 dB from 30 to 150 Hz. For a compact, relatively inexpensive subwoofer, the KSW-10 packs a punch, and is surprisingly potent in the lowest octaves. It's no surprise, then, that it's the biggest-selling subwoofer in history for Klipsch.

Before going on to listening impressions, look for a moment at the bottom sub curve with the crossover set to 40 Hz. This shows astonishing linearity between 25 and 70 Hz for a budget sub. The KSW-10 will provide true frequency extension for full range speakers that need help below 50 Hz. In other words, this sub is well worth recommending on its own for audio use, as well as with this home theatre system...."

the Klipsch lists the retail at $399 so $199 would be right at the half price point.

anyone want to venture to guess how it would compare to the Dayton/Parts Express 10" for $125?

KyleGS

Second Unit
If you're an HT enthusiast (not pure audiophile) I think you will really like the KSW subs. They have tons of thump and really add to the HT experience. Most everyone I've talked to- really like the subs.

ray tubach

Stunt Coordinator
thanks Kyle. as was pointed out earlier, since Costco has such a good return policy, I guess the best thing to do woould be to just geet it and hook it up and listen.

at $199, it really doesn't seem to be able to be beat --- at least by anything short of the Parts Express/Dayton 10" Tiny Mighty", or whatever they call it....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks