What's new

Klipsch KSW-12 subwoofer fuse problem (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I have a Klipsch KWS-12 subwoofer that keeps blowing it's fuse. After some tests with different movies, I found that it only blows fuses in THX certified movies (Finding Nemo for example).

I DTS Movies, I have no problem at all... I can even put it's level at 10 without any glitch at all except for the distortion of course :)

But in a THX movie, when a big rumble is supposed to be played (exemple: in Finding Nemo, when the whale opens it's mouth to eat Dorry and Nemo's father) even at a level of 4, the sub doesn't even try to reproduce the sound, after half a second of that rumble, the fuse blows...

It is connected through the LFE output of my receiver.

Any ideas anyone? I am pretty new at this. I searched and searched again in this forum and others without any luck.

This is getting frustrating... please help me!

thanks

Dave

john aprile

Agent
Nothing new here ,this problem has been known for years on the brand and model.

Quality control issues on some runs.

Your dealer knows about this problem ,take it back.

Audition and duplicate the fuse blow up at the dealer with a new sub ,hopefully it will be from a different run.

BTW... this is not the Klipsch of yester year when Paul Klipsch was running the company, most of the company products today is mass produced mid fi at best. :frowning: Sad ,but true.

Thanks for the quick replies.

The sub actually belongs to a friend who lent it to me because he lives in an appartment and cannot use it (for his neighboors' sake). He says he had it for about 4 years so there is no warranty left.

I told him about your replies and he will contact the dealer where it was purchased (thanks for the cue)

Are you aware if there ever was some kind of recall on the model? Since there is no warranty left, if there has been a recall, then it would be a good thing for me (and my friend)

john aprile

Agent

No recall, big issue at that time Klipch was aware, simply too many with the same problem. All authorized dealers were given the fix,

Any authorized dealer will fix the problem with a bill of sale, this is old hat.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
not at all. why do you think that?

your answer contained some unnecessary embellishment (now, i can say that a bit differently, if you'd like).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks