Klipsch KSC - C1 center channel. Best $119.88 I ever spent

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bernie Lomax, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Agent

I went to Tweeter to make sure I liked it and it sounded fine there, but the room it was in was obviously way bigger than my living room. So I bought it from Vanns.com $119.88 ($249 + tax at Tweeter) and I love it!! What a deal, and what a speaker. I tested it out with Black Hawk Down and I am in love.

2. BenK

BenK Stunt Coordinator

I'm surprised to see that speaker still for sale. I've had mine for quite a while now. Back when I compared it to the newer SC-1 center the KSC-C1 was much better. I'll have mine until I replace it with the RC3 center to match my Klipsch RF3II mains.

3. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

I too have this center, I find it matches well with my Klipsch RF-3II's mains.
    I believe that the more I used it the better it sounded. (speaker break in?) so if you like it now, it will get better.
    I only paid 89 bucks (shipped) for this wonder at UBID about two years ago and have been a Klipsch fan since.

4. Joseph_ P

Joseph_ P Stunt Coordinator

i also have the ksc-c1 center channel ,got it off e-bay last year for 109.99. i love the way it plays dialog
    so clearly. before this i had a polk audio center speaker
    and i was always turning the volume up for dialog and down for action scenes what a pain that was!.now with the klipsch
    i just set the volume and forget it. i also use the klipsch KSB 3.1 bookshelfs for mains. these sound great with my SVS 16-46CS+/SAMSON 1000 COMBO.plays very clear ,clean and loud
    when i want it to. [​IMG]

5. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Agent

Wow, I thought I stole it. Can't believe you guys paid less! Well they still sell it at Tweeter too. $249.99!!

I think I'm going to get Quintets to use as rear surrounds. Any opinions on the way they would compliment this center?

6. Ian C

Ian C Stunt Coordinator

I have this center as well (also bought from Vanns) and love it. For the rears, I would go with some SB-1's. I think they are $100 per pair from Vanns with free shipping. You may be able to find it cheaper, but I doubt it. They would also better match the rest of your speakers.

Ian

7. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

I own the quintets. I had them as my mains & surrounds with my C1.(which I used for two years before the upgrade)
    Since I bought a new pair of mains(RF3) I moved all 4 quintets to the rear as surrounds. They sound good, but I think I would second Ians suggestion to get the SB1.
    What do you use for your mains?