Klipsch KG2's for HT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeMeehan, Nov 5, 2002.

1. MikeMeehan

MikeMeehan Stunt Coordinator

I would like to use my set of older kg2 speakers as the main left and right in a 5.1 setup.I can't seem to find any info on the klipsch website about what speakers match with the kg2's.They have a spec sheethttp://www.klipsch.com/products/cutsheet.asp?id=103 but it doesn't say what would match from their current models.I'm looking for rears,center,and a sub.I would welcome any suggestions.Oh yeah, I know KLIPSCH love em or hate em.

2. DarrellP

DarrellP Stunt Coordinator

I have a set of KG 5.5's and used a Klipsch KV 4 for the center and a set of KG .5's for the surrounds.
    You can probably find something fairly cheap on Ebay. The KV 4 was a $600 speaker and is built like a tank. It's overkill to go with the speakers you have. You could go with a lesser number like KV1 and save a bunch of money. You could always find another pair of KG 2's for the surround.
    Go to www.klipsch.com and in the upper left corner click on Home Audio, a pull down menu pops up. Click on Classic and you will find your speakers. It looks like Klipsch didn't make your speakers to be used in a surround set, they don't list any speakers that are recommended to be used with them.