What's new

Klipsch KG2's for HT (1 Viewer)

MikeMeehan

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to use my set of older kg2 speakers as the main left and right in a 5.1 setup.I can't seem to find any info on the klipsch website about what speakers match with the kg2's.They have a spec sheethttp://www.klipsch.com/products/cutsheet.asp?id=103 but it doesn't say what would match from their current models.I'm looking for rears,center,and a sub.I would welcome any suggestions.Oh yeah, I know KLIPSCH love em or hate em.

DarrellP

Stunt Coordinator
I have a set of KG 5.5's and used a Klipsch KV 4 for the center and a set of KG .5's for the surrounds.
You can probably find something fairly cheap on Ebay. The KV 4 was a $600 speaker and is built like a tank. It's overkill to go with the speakers you have. You could go with a lesser number like KV1 and save a bunch of money. You could always find another pair of KG 2's for the surround.
Go to www.klipsch.com and in the upper left corner click on Home Audio, a pull down menu pops up. Click on Classic and you will find your speakers. It looks like Klipsch didn't make your speakers to be used in a surround set, they don't list any speakers that are recommended to be used with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks