What's new

Klipsch help (1 Viewer)

Randy

Agent
Ok I want to buy some klipsch speakers, but here is the rub. I was set on the r3s but now they don't make them anymore. How are the r35s any good? I haven't had a chance to really test them out.

I also thought I might get the r5s but they only make rf5s so the question is do I go with r7s for the rest of the setup or r3s?

Finally I was going to match them up with a denon 3803 reciver.

choice 1
rc35
rf35
rs35
rsw12

choice 2
rc7
rf5
rs7
rsw15

choice 3
rc35
rf5
rs35
rsw12

If you guys have any comments or suggestions let me know.

Randy

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
How about purchasing a cheaper (but perhaps just as good) subwoofer from another manufacturer, and using RF-7 mains?

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Totally agree with Michael,

Dump the Klipsch sub for a SVS or HSU and get the RF7 mains

Randy

Agent
I'm kind of worried the rf7s are a bit too much. If I did go with the rf7s can I get by with a denon 3803 reciever?

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
The RF7s are superb, and alot of owners have Denon receivers driving them with no problems. The Klipsch Reference speakers are wonderful because thier so efficient.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter

You're going about it all wrong...the RF-7's are 3dB efficient than the RF-5's. This means if it takes RF-5's 100 watts to reach 110dB, it will take the RF-7's half of that(50W) to reach 110dB.

While the RSW-15 is an excellent sub, I also would rather get something from SVS and get RF-7's instead. I think you'll be much happier with the sound.

Randy

Agent
IT is expensive, but I was referring to the fact that those things are BIG & LOUD. I have small place right now.

JackLonn

Agent
I use a pair of CF2s for the front mains. I went back and forth for quite a while and finally decided that I'd get more bang for the buck by keeping the pair of CF2s i'd had for 5 years. I say they're a predecessor to the RF5. Woofer are the same size and maybe the horn. I ended up adding a RC7 and two pair of RS7 for the surrounds and backs. I couldn't be happier. I definitely wouldn't go with the Klipsch sub. I replaced my Klipsch SW12 with a SVS PB2+. I though I was getting lots of bass until I got my PB2+. I had to wait 3 weeks to get it, but it was WORTH IT ($1,299 delivered). Take the money you'll save on the RF5 vs the RF7 and apply it to a SVS sub. You'll be trilled. My CF5 will go "large" but I run my whole system small, so I don't think you'll be disappointed going with the 5 instead of 7. My sound field is pretty seamless (timbre matched). I recently upgraded from a Denon 2500 (85 wpc front&center) to an Anthem AVM20, MCA 50 (185 wpc all driven) and a pair of outlaw M200 (200 wpc for the rear surrounds). I'm thrilled with my system I and don't for a second regret not buying the RF7. I'd recommend the RF5 and spend the saved money somwhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks