What's new

Klipsch compared to *blush* Bose (1 Viewer)

Pat_C

Agent
I waffled a bit on the Paradigm sub, actually. I know the SVS comes highly recommended, but the series (a) cost more than what I paid for the Paradigm sub and (b) if probably was more bass than I need, given my space and neighbor limitations.

I listened to the Paradigm sub hooked up to my exact system at the dealer and it sounded very nice to me. Perhaps I'll upgrade to an SVS in the future (after a move).

John S

Senior HTF Member
I think you did great. I 'll bet it sounds great too...

Got it all installed yet????

Kevin G.

Second Unit
I really like paradigm, a GREAT way to start out this HT disease .
I second Chris' vote everyone here was instrumental in helping me achieve the next level.(I also was previously swept into the Bose marketing machine)
I couldn't be more happy...('cept I could use a new sub... and maybe a Dennon receiver... and...

Pat_C

Agent
I really owe all who pointed me in the right direction a big "thank you." The system is not installed yet, as I haven't settled on a receiver and dvd player. I'm researching the other components pretty intensely, after almost wasting $1,300 on a Bose system.

As of today, I am considering the Onkyo SR-501 receiver and the Denon 1815 (?) Dvd player. My selection is based on my price-point and the teachings of many posters on this board.

The Onkyo has component switching (which I have been told is a definite plus), and supports a 6.1 system, in case I want to through another center in the back a couple of years down the road. The Denon has that chip that starts with an "f," which I can't remember how to spell, but apparently will do wonders for the picture quality on my HDTV bigscreen (man, being a rookie is rough, so much to learn/spell/explain).

John S

Senior HTF Member
I am expecting my Onkyo SR-501 tomorrow like $180 on a refurb....

Installing it at my brother-in-laws home before xmas as the family gift. I bought an AR 12" Powered Sub for $120 to go with it.
He will be getting 6 Yamaha NS series speakers (8" Woofs 3 way, shielded), that I have had lay'n around for a couple of years to complete the 6.1.....

The true bargain shopper.. lol
John S.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
While you are at it, you might want to check out the Energy Encore (higher end mini's) or Energy take 5.2's (comperable to the quintets).
I agree the little energy take 5's are very similar in size to the bose cubes but sound much much better. The Encore's are a little larger but sound is improved with the larger driver (goes deeper so the cross over to the sub is smoother)

The klipshe are nice but their sound isn't for everyone so if they're not your cup of tea that's fine these are your speakers so pick ones you enjoy.

Tom Boz

Auditioning
I just took a listen to the Bose setup and it too almost sucked the credit card right out of my wallet. Then I went downstairs and listened to the Energy Take5.2 and for half the money they are much better. I have only started to listen to speakers any other IMO are a better value.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks