Klipsch comes through on long promised Acurus/Aragon trade in program

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig Robertson, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

(21Jan- i've had the title of this thread changed to reflect Klipsch's decision to follow thru with the previously announced trade-in program. previosly Klipsch had announced that they would not honor their previously announced program, that's what the beginning posts refer to.)

this morning i spoke via phone to the Aragon dealer rep for the area i live in and he informed me that Klipsch has decided to cancel the long promised trade in program for Acurus and Aragon owners.

Previously, they had posted on their webpage that they would offer an upgrade and a trade in program for owners of their Acurus Act-3 and Aragon Soundstage pre/pros. The $900 Act-3 upgrade program is still to be offered, but the $2500 trade in program has been cancelled.

as an Act-3 owner affected by this, Klipsch will have an extremely difficult time convincing me of ever purchasing any of their products.

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

If you go to the Klipsch site, the Forums area, Aragon Electronics, Aragon General Questions, then (finally! [​IMG] ) ACT-3/Soundstage Upgrade/Trade, at least from what I see, a final decision hasn't been made yet. (4th pg specifically.) Adam is trying. (I've dealt with him before on Acurus stuff. He's a super guy.)

3. Craig Robertson

i've been following that thread since it was started, as well as the original postings from over a year ago.

i think that if the manufacturers rep phones me and tells me directly that the decision has been made, it has been made. i would love to be proven wrong, as i have held on to my Act-3 just to take advantage of the trade in, but at this point i have given up any hope of that.

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Craig- Cool. But...

5. Bruce Cadotte

Bruce Cadotte Stunt Coordinator

6. Serge Breton

Serge Breton Supporting Actor

I was part of these long discussions with Adam (aka power) and became a little frustrated at times. I know Adam was/is trying but from a monetary standpoint it's not let's just say advantageous from klipsh's standpoint. That's why i sold my Act 3 long ago, i felt like the upgrade would never happen. The upgrade was suppose to materialise in June but here we are almost in the new year with no progress and the longer time passes by the less likely you'll see the upgrade.

Remember Adam has already performed the upgrade on the prototype and has everything working so the delay doesen't help those waiting on the upgrade.

7. Rob Rodier

Rob Rodier Supporting Actor

8. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

As a long time Klipsch owner I've been watching the more recent moves by the company with great interest. It saddens me to no end to see what appears to be a decline in the quality of their product as well as their approach towards the Heritage line. It seems they're more interested in making money than making quality products.

I'd never touch the new Klipsch line because of quality issues. I'm old school Klipsch, when the speakers were made to last. I used to speak about Klipsch as if they could do no wrong. I just can't do that anymore.

Sorry to hear about those of you that are getting screwed on the trade-up program. Maybe Klipsch will get a clue and change their minds.

9. Rob Rodier

Rob Rodier Supporting Actor

I think they jumped the shark when they started doing the cheapo mulitmedia systems for the pc. Gimme a break!

The older stuff can sound quite nice which makes this sting even harder.

-rob

10. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

11. Craig Robertson

posted this morning by Adam (of Klipsch/Mondial) on the Klipsch web site forum:

12. Kevin Deacon

Kevin Deacon Second Unit

Anyone remember Outlaw???? Delay Delay Delay!!!

13. Craig Robertson

14. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Maybe they are still looking at cost-benefit (unfortunately...).

15. RichardMA

RichardMA Second Unit

More margins in "computer speakers" that cost $0.50.ea
    to mfg. than there is in upgrades to high end equipment.
    Americans should learn to look at alternatives to mass
    market junk like Klipsch (cheezy metal "coloured" polypro drivers that they use) when it comes to speakers at least.
    As far as them sticking to the mandate's of companies they've purchased, maybe there's a legal remedy?

16. Craig Robertson

posted today, 13Dec02, by Adam G. of Klipsch/Mondial:

17. Darrel McBane

Darrel McBane Second Unit

If Adam can put this together. I think those of us who have waited. Owe at least him a thank you!

18. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Go Adam!

19. Craig Robertson

my dealer just called me to tell me that today he received a letter from Klipsch/Mondial letting him know of the upgrade/trade in program. the letter said that it is scheduled to begin on 15Jan with details to be posted at www.aragonelectronics.com (which forwards to the main Aragon page of the Klipsch website.) the letter also said that the upgrade will cost $950US but did not mention a price for the trade in. i'm hoping that, at the worst, it will remain at the $2500 price that Mondial has committed to in the past.

20. Darrel McBane

Darrel McBane Second Unit

That's good news for people wanting to take the upgrade path from Mondial.

Adam, on the Klipsch/Mondials' forum has said that by the 17th of January they should have everything finalized. I'm hoping like many that have waited these long months that their promise is kept and the trade-in program will start soon.

Thanks for the info Craig.