Klipsch center channel

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Kahn, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

Hello, new member here and new to Home theator

I am using Klipsch chorus II's as my main speakers and a set of cheap sony's as my center and rear speakers

I am looking for a recomendation as to which Klipsch center channel would match the chorus II's sound

Receiver is Yamaha 5150

2. Gerard Martin

Gerard Martin Second Unit

May 22, 2000
    members should be more than happy to
    answer your question.
  3. MartyK

MartyK Agent

Mar 19, 2001
    According to the Klipsch web site the Academy center speaker for the Chorus II mains.

4. Myram

Myram Second Unit

Aug 18, 2001
    The Academy is the recommended center channel for Chorus II's. A single Chorus II, Forte II, or Quartet will also work but be alot bigger then a dedicated center channel. The KLF-C7 will also work, but not be a perfect tonal and timber match. The new RC-7 is another choice, but again it will not match tonal and timber.
    The Academy is a very hard speaker to come by, and recent ones on eBay have gone for around $500-$600.
    So, check out the Klipsch BB at www.klipsch.com.....you'll find a wealth of information there.
    Good Luck
  5. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

thank you all for the answers, I went to the klipsch websight and found the page listing the academy and then did an Ebay search, no luck which might be good, $600 is out of my range right now
    I then called klipsch and the tech suggested the RC 3 so I found one of those and bid on it, it has to be way better than my sony[​IMG]