Klipsch Book selfs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Van Hulle, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Greg Van Hulle

Greg Van Hulle Auditioning

I m looking to buy a set of Klipsch RB-5 book selfs and the rest of the matching set. I was wandering are they good speakers for the money or should I look eles where?

2. CurtisC

CurtisC Second Unit

They are certainly worth an audition,at home preferably.About 650.00 would be considered worth it.I own a set and like em' alot,although used as surround b(rear corners for music).

3. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

I also own RB-5's and love them. I'd say they are well worth considering, either for HT or audio applications. I will warn however that they're extremely sensitive to the sources feeding them. Too bright a receiver or pre-pro/power amp might be too much for a lot of people when using the Klipsch. If you get the right match of RB-5's and electronics, you'll find they are very dynamic, detailed speakers. I choose the RB-5's over speakers costing a lot more and haven't regretted my choice. It's important to audition them quite a bit though as the "Klipsch" sound isn't for everybody.

4. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

I got a pair of RB-3's for $375 (Canadian) and I absolutely LOVE THEM!! I'm waiting to get the RF-35's to complete the Reference system. I must say though, they can't be beat.