What's new

Klipsch a low end speaker? (1 Viewer)

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Topic: RF-7: Quality or not?
It was a nice response, very honest. I liked it, but it seemed to simply repeat that this is the best we could do at this price point. There is nothing wrong with that; in fact, I think that's an admirable design viewpoint.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
Just to clarify, if you are going to buy Klipsch (or anything else relatively expensive) online, make sure you research the reputation of who you are buying from. If most customers rate the dealer rather highly, then you are as safe as you would be ordering from a brick and mortar store. Yes, if you get shipping damage, you may have to deal with the hassle of sending a speaker back, but I haven't experienced any shipping damage so far after having bought my entire 5.1 system online. Maybe I just got lucky. Either way, saving several hundred dollars made the "risk" worthwhile.

By the way, I tried to return a speaker in perfect condition to my SLEAZY local dealer, and his employee tried to refuse to accept it based on the argument that I had passed my THREE DAY return period. One of those days was on a Sunday, when their shop was closed. (Other employees there had also previously lied right to my face, stating that the speaker only came in one color, etc - facts I could check for myself, and did, on the Klipsch website.)

Needless to say, I never went back. I'm happier online.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I took a friend to a demo and ran him through a blind test to see if he liked bose 701 or Klipsch Ref 5.

He liked the Bose 701 better because he could sense a larger soundstage and the sound was more euphonic. Klipsch was a bit harsh and similar to the other speakers such as Boston and Energy.

Face it, some people like the sound of Bose. It makes sense seeing how well Bose is doing on the market and how many smiles it puts on peoples faces. My other buddy has a HT with a bose system. Instead of telling him it's bad I hooked up 2 extra subs to it and enjoyed watching a movie.

Of course I wouldn't buy Bose because IMO, they are horrible sounding. But I'm not going to keep them out of the picture. Whenever Bose produces a new line I'll audition them to give it a chance.

- Though I'm somewhat biased now that I caught the DIY bug.

Russell W

Agent
I can assure everyone here that we (AV123.com/Diva) have nothing but respect for the Klipsch company and their speakers. Klipsch has been one of the most innovative speaker companies in the history of audio. We would love to be the company that Klipsch represents many years from now.

We are very proud of the products we have to offer and hope that everyone also desires our product. While we would love to have everyone purchase Diva we respect Klipsch and believe it too is a fine product.

Sincerely,

Russell Woolfolk

AV123.com

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Actually , I hear many of the guys at SVS saying very nice things about klipsch and it seems that most people here respect their opinion

Joel_Ackerson

Stunt Coordinator
I have owned Klipsch speaker's for 10 year's now and plan on buying more. My dream is to own a set of Corner Horn's. I have 4 KLF-30's, KV-4, set of KG-3.5's, and the matching dipole surround's. I have listened to many different speaker brand's from B&W, Definitive Technology,JBL,McIntosh,Meridian Digital Speaker's(Awesome),Thiel, and Wilson-Audio. Those speaker's are designed differently, and most are not that efficient like Klipsch speaker's. I remember driving my KLF-30's with a Yamaha DSP-A1, which was the current flag-ship at the time, and it drove those speaker's to ear-splitting level's and when I added an ATI-2505 it was insane! What speaker's do you guy's know that give you the same feeling of being in a state-of-the-art movie theater like Klipsch? Most speaker's that I heard just do not give you that pin-prickly feeling in a loud passage of scary movie, or the ear-splitting sound of the pod-race in SW Episode I, I have not heard any speaker's in Klipsch's price range.

Russell W

Agent
Consumers need to realize the cost restraints manufacturers are under too. If the *dealers* want a new pair of $1000 main towers to sell, the guy who gets the project in the R/D lab is probably told..."ok, you got $125(before labor,boxing,ect)total to spend on ALL the components(including the enclosures) for the PAIR

Tom, You bring up an excellent point. This is why companies such as ours (AV123.com/Diva's) that are Internet Direct are able to realistically compare our products to those that sell for 2-3 time more $$$$ on a dealer showroom floor. We cut out a significant amount of money YOU SPEND (The customer) on dealer profit, advertising and dealer rebate and volume dollars. Of course we can't guarantee that everyone will love the way our speakers sound like everyone else. But, we do guarantee the components, build quality, and sound quality comparable to dealer models that are significantly more $$$$. Anyone that is familiar with B&M retailing will concur that this is TRUE...

Russell Woolfolk

AV123.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks