What's new

Klipsch 7.1 setup Question (1 Viewer)

armin

Grip
Hi EVERYone...

I would like to put 2 rear speakers on the back wall of my home theatre as well as side surrounds. My dilemma is that there is a door in my back wall that is 20" away from one of the corners. I was planning on putting in a di-pole speaker but the Klipsch ss-1 is 15" wide - so the sound coming out of the one side of the speaker has only a few inches before it hits the corner wall.

My question is... I am going to use the Klipsch ss-1 dipole for the side surrounds BUT can I just use the Klipsch bookshelf(sb-1 ?) (that I am going to use as my fronts too) - as my rear surrounds.

I wasn't too sure if mixing up configuration of speakers (di-pole(ss-1) vs. front firing (sb-1)) was ok for the surrounds (rear/side).

thanks in advance...

Armin

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I have the Klipsch rs-7 for my side surrounds and jbl n24 for rear surrounds, sounds great. I think that's what THX recommends for a 7.1 setup.

Daniel Smith

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
I am currently working on (actually my installers are working on) a system that I have done twice before with GREAT results....
RF7'S (MAINS)
RC7 (CENTER)
RS7'S (SIDE SURROUNDS)
RSW3's (REAR IN-WALL SURROUNDS)
RSW15 (SUB)...

The placement scenario mimics my own...
wide dispersion surrounds, matching bookshelf rears.....

I greatly prefer this arrangement for 7.1....

armin

Grip
What about the height and distance apart ?. The height should be ear level and they should be 1 - 2 feet away from the corners ?

thanks,

armin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks