1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Klipsch 7.1 (klipsch owners)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AndyHangartner, Dec 15, 2002.

1. AndyHangartner

AndyHangartner Stunt Coordinator

If you were assembling a new Klipsch setup and had the choice of their speakers w/o cost being an issue, which would you choose? Two rf7 and two rb5 with the '7' center? Four rf3-ll and the '3' center? Four rb5 and the '7' center? I can get a great deal through someone (and I mean great), and I wanted some extremely dynamic H/T speakers so I chose Klipsch. Which ones?
    thanks,
    andy
    ps
    The Rb5 I think is actually a little laid back compared to the others, Maybe thats a good thing with the horns?

2. mark rush

mark rush Stunt Coordinator

run 4 of the rf7, 2 on the mains and 2 for the surrounds, then for stereo hook up the 4 rf7 in speakerA and B for two channel, you will have an awesome system, I am doing the same thing with 4 Klipsch klf20's and a klfc7 center with 2 paradigm pw2200's it sounds great

3. Michael R Price

Michael R Price Screenwriter

I would pick the RF-7/RB-5 based system. My philosophy here would be quality over quantity. And believe me, you'll have plenty of quantity.

4. DanielM

DanielM Stunt Coordinator

I would go heritage series all the way La Scala`s Or Belle
    or maybe even klipschorns

5. BenK

BenK Stunt Coordinator

The RF7 setup is good but the RB5's dont match "exactly" because of the different tweeters. The RF7's are excellent speakers though. The RF3 setup is good because they're all matching speakers. The RB5 setup I wouldnt do because the RC7 center as excellent as it is would overpower the RB5's. I would go with the RF7 or RF3 setup. Alternatively if you're using a subwoofer you can try an all RC7 setup with excellent results. Its cheaper than the RF7 and the same sound quality. Just decreased bass output. The only caveat is you would have to turn the horn (which isnt difficult) when you stand them on end.