1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

KLH ASW10120 is going back to Best Buy!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Garen_S, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Garen_S

Garen_S Extra

I got this subwoofer on Tuesday and it seemed pretty good until today. I calibrated the system and I popped in Phatom Menace, the THX intro was clear, but the there was no bass and I could hear the woofer bottoming out and making groggling sounds, when I tuned it down not to distort, I couldnt feel any bass. Im going to return this for now, and see if I can find an open box Sony SAWM40, if not I'll just buy a new one in a month or so.

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

That intro is a sub killer.

Got that SPL meter yet?

3. Garen_S

Garen_S Extra

Well, change of plan. In our living room we have a 5 year old Technics Stereo System with those Tall Speakers. Well, what I did was I took the KLH Subwoofer and my two front JVC Satelite Speakers and I connected it to the living rooms Dolby Surround Reciever for my parent's music. Then I brought those Technic Tower Speakers to my room, and I hooked those up for the fronts. I used my JVC Subwoofer just to get the .1 in the 5.1, you can't hear that anymore. WOW!!!!Those tower speakers are really something, they come with a 12 inch woofer, and two smaller tweeters. I am very impressed with the system, its verry verry loud, verry clear, and it has good bass. All in all, im proud of my setup now, but if i continue this my hearing will decline because this thing is LOUD!

4. EricK

EricK Second Unit

Eric
    Most cheap electonics and speakers at Best Buy are TOTAL waste of time....

Eric

5. Garen_S

Garen_S Extra

Well it sounds pretty good in the living room w/JVC Satelite Speakers.

6. Garen_S

Garen_S Extra

sure got alot of views...but barely any replies.