What's new

KL-7502-THX as an In-Ceiling Center (1 Viewer)

MScott

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
I have a unique situation where my center speaker needs to be an in ceiling unit. I was thinking of using this Klipsch unit along with (2) KL-6504-THX In-wall mains. Does anyone have any experience with these Klipsch units?

Matt

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Personally speaking I would never place a center channel in the ceiling - IMO it will sound like a glorified P.A. speaker.

In a case like this I would use what *I* use, and that would be the receiver's phantom center mode (choose "NO" for the center channel in the set up menu), which deactivates the center channel output and redirects that signal to the left/right mains. Personally I think many systems sound better this way, mostly because they do not have the "pin point" quality that many left/center/right configurations have. Even when using an identical speaker for the center channel, because of its different physical location, that speaker will never sound exactly the same as the left/rights, helping to create a rather lumpy front soundstage.

I hope the left/right mains can be placed even (or close to even as possible) with the monitor i.e. at the horizontal center line of the monitor, to make sure the location of the audio output matches the visual's "output".

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, phantom mode should be preferable to an in-ceiling center. The best thing is, it doesn't cost you anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peteo
Recent bookmarks