1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Kitt Lights?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Jun 21, 2006.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I found this in an evil gadget sales book that was addressed to 'occupant'. Geuss who they gave it too [​IMG]?

I found this LTGLEDUL11 . I hope that's the product number and not the stores number for the product.

Anyone know if these are the exact, or close to, scanner lights used in Kitt? I'm really surprised they don't make a 'dash scanner' that fits on your desk with sound effects [​IMG]

2. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

When I searched for that product number, all the pages I looked at showed blue lights.

If you type "KITT scanner" into Google, you'll get a lot of results including stores selling them as well as instructions (that I did not understand) on how to construct your own.

My brother told me that he read that it is illegal to have red KITT scanner lights on the front of your car. (Red lights are only allowed on the back of a car.) He also saw some lights that you could install that could change from (street legal) white to red by flipping a switch.

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Yep, the main color is blue, but in the cat page, they come in all different colors, including red.

I wasn't looking to install them in the car(despite how cool that would look!), but more to have it for the home theater [​IMG].

4. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer