What's new

Kitchen Appliances (1 Viewer)

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
I'm looking at refrigerators and gas ovens. Is it better to purchase from Sears or one of those independent stores? (i.e., Asking for personal experiences.)

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
My personal experience with a washer: My roommate bought a dryer direct from Sears, paid nearly $300 for the thing. When it came time for me to buy a matching washer, I figured I could beat his price, so I went all over town, checked out Circuit City, M.Wards (they were still in business then) and a couple of smaller stores. Then I compared the price with the matching washer at Sears. The Sears washer had more features than all the other washers I looked at and it was cheaper. So for appliances, I prefer Sears.

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
I think so. Right after I bought it (maybe a week or two), my roommate moved out and I had to put it into storage. So I'm not sure. Great washer and dryer though.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I pretty much have bought my appliances from Sears. Many times the Kenmore brand is just a whirlpool or another name brand with the kenmore label slapped on.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Often times when buying parts for Kenmore washers and dryers, you'll noticed the name Whirlpool on the item.

I replaced a water pump one time for my mom in her 1970 Kenmore and it was a Whirlpool part. That thing was built like a tank. It died just last year (Dec) after my wife and I inherited it. We ran the shit out of it for over a year and it lasted far longer than I expected. Luckily she had a new washer in storage from when she was in college so our DVD money wasn't affected by having to buy a new machine.

Damned necessities.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Bought a Kenmore 'fridge from Sears earlier this year. Had a big sticker on the front of it, proclaiming it as the number three best seller in America. We joked around, wondering where numbers one and two were, but could never find them. The fridge however, is great. Sears delivered it an hour after we had settlement on the house (which was impeccable timing!), and we haven't had a problem with it. Sears didn't have the model without the ice maker in it, so they threw in the ice maker for free, which was just fine, since I wanted to buy an icemaker anyway.

Its also got this extra 'feature' where its nearly silent. Very handy since my kitchen opens into the living room, where the home theater is. Now if only my dishwasher had a silent featuer (it does however have a timer, which is very very useful).

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I'll add my vote to go to Sears. Over the past year we've bought a washer, dryer, stove/oven, microwave/hood, and just over 2 years ago we bought a refrigerator there. I would always make my first appliance shopping stop at Sears. They usually have really nice sales. Their sales reps are helpful and not pushy. They'll ask if you want the extended warrenty (of course) but they know what "no" means. You just say it once and they drop it (unlike Best Buy or others).

I've never had a problem with their delivery service. They are very good at getting to your home as soon as possible to make any repairs or service. They have great products and are very easy to work with.

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Wow, seems like Sears is the place to go. I was looking at Home Depot, and while the stuff looked nice, it sure was expensive. I'm looking at gas water heaters, too, so I'll have to see how much they run.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Someone brought up an interesting point that happened with me when I bought my dish washer. If Sears does not have the model you want in stock, they will give you the next model higher for the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks