What's new

kit 281 flared port question (1 Viewer)

Has anyone built the vented Adire 281 kit and used the PE flared ports( http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...D=117898&DID=7 )? They have 3 and 4 inch ports that seem to be the same as Adire's offering. They are about half the cost so I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks after spending a bundle on two of the 281 speaker kits. I hope to get my 1" MDF this weekend and get started next week!!! Can't wait to see how they turn out. I'm sure I'm gonna have some veneering questions in the near future.
Thanks,
Rod

Tim,

Those look great! Are you pleased with the sound? I'm planning on veneering them with a figured cherry and then darkening via oil until they match my 122L tempest and the rest of my furniture. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Tim - How did you make the grills for your 281s? They look great with the covers in place.

One of these days I need to put my 3 Kit-281s and 2 Kit-81s together and start enjoying a set of real speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks