What's new

Kiss of the Dragon - the surrounds are alive! (1 Viewer)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a big fan of the genre, so for me Kiss of the Dragon was good. If I watched more martial arts films, I might be more inclined to find fault. As is, I liked it alot. And, yes, the sound mix was stellar. Not gimmicky or fake.

Bruce

Joe R

Auditioning
It seemed to me like the music score was overplaying the actual action scenes.Like I was watching a music video.Anybody else?

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed The One alot more than this one, but I still enjoyed watching him take out the "twins" at the end.

Ben_S

Agent
Don't forget that this movie was co-written and produced by Luc Besson. His movies often have a light hearted, 'poppy', winking at the audience feel to them. The rap music fit in perfectly I thought. Remember the scene in Fifth Element with the diva singing and Leeloo fighting those aliens?

The One on the other hand was total sci-fi tv sitcom b movie trash. Good movie to rent and watch late at night with a few friends and some drinks and food. It's in the same vein as Mortal Kombat if you want an idea of what it's like.

Ed B

Stunt Coordinator
There was Wire-Fu in the movie, not as much as Father is Hero, CTHD, or Matrix. Some of the "main fights" had superhero like moves, even for the late great Bruce.

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Ok, I picked this disc up yesterday and got home, watched it. WOW! This is one of the best action movies Ive seen in years. Fantastic. I wasnt expecting real characters that I'd really get involved with. And the villian, wow, what a villian. Tchecky (?) is great as the villian and Jet and Bridget are just fantastic. And the fights were just amazing, especially the one at the end. No wires or computers, which is great. I like wires when its necessary like in Crouching Tiger or Matrix, but not in realistic films.
And the DVD is just fantastic, they were right about the sound. Great 5.1 and the transfer is gorgeous and its shock full of extras.
Thanks a bunch for recommending this. Now, I must go watch it again! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks