Kiss Of Death

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Brent Avery, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

Anyone care to share their thoughts on this Fox Film Noir out on Dec.6? I just finished watching it last night and found it to be very well done. Victor Mature was great and I have to also give high marks to Richard Widmark - his character was a real creep - no wonder he was type cast for awhile as a near psychotic - wonderful performance and it was easy to dislike him! The part where he ties the mother of one of his fellow gangsters to her wheelchair and pushes her down the stairs bothered me -so it must have really upset people back in 1947. Henry Hathaway's direction was solid and the cinematography a real treat. A great addition in this growing series - I have not missed any of them yet. I think the packaging - art work and liner - are top notch. I like the quote on the backside of the dvd by Walter Winchell: " This one was written by a machine gun! Gripping, exciting, it's temperature is terrific!"

2. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

I saw the movie in 1947. Tommy Udo's wheelchair stunt is still vivid in my mind.

3. Stephen PI

Stephen PI Supporting Actor

I started watching the film the other night and found it unwatchable. It was full of DVNR, and the audio was severely noise-gated.

4. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    I thought it looked fine on a 32" flat screen.

I enjoyed the film too, can't wait for the next wave this month!