What's new

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
The release date is 4/25, the same day its HD-DVD counterpart is released. No word yet on extras.

This was no where to be found in theaters near me, and I heard it was one of the better films of 2005.

JohnTRU

Stunt Coordinator
The best film I've seen in the last 12 months. Proof that Robert Downey Jr hasn't lost it, proof that Val Kilmer knows how to have fun, and proof that Michelle Monaghan is easy on the eyes :)

Can't wait for the DVD release!

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Loved it too. Although it wasn't the best movie of the year, it was easily my favorite. I thought it was uproarious, and I can't wait for it to come out on DVD. Been waiting a while for it myself and I'm happy to hear that it is finally coming out.

Paul Linfesty

Stunt Coordinator
I don't quite understand Warner's hesitation in giving this film a wide release. I saw it in Hollywood with a full house. The audience got it, and laughed throughout.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor

Just to comment on this statement in regards to my first viewing of this film. When KKBB finally opened at my local theater, the first showtime was for 9:00 on Friday night which I attended. It turns out that I was the only one in attendance. I liked the movie so much that I went the following evening at the same time (no afternoon or early evening showings), and this time there were 2 other people in the theater.

Another factor that may explain this is that I have NEVER seen any advertisements or trailers for this whatsoever. I just relied on word-of-mouth within this forum.

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator

Oh please, he was only one of all (well actually only half ;)) the screenwriters in hollywood who worked on that project.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Mr Shane Black is brilliant. Blame the producers and executives for Last Action Hero.

I'm dying to watch Kiss Kiss. Missed it at the theatres. :angry:

TonyDale

Second Unit
I have it on very good authority, Shane Black's mother
, the reason for Warners lack of interest in KISS KISS BANG BANG. . . .Shane is not "in" with the right people right now, and some of the things he has said in the past have come back to haunt him. So, even though Shane offered to buy the film and was refused, don't expect a major special edition any time soon, if at all.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the inside into Tony.

I loved this movie too, and I'm still trying to figure out if I can fit it on my Top 10 of 2005. It's easily one of the most fun movies I saw last year, maybe 2nd only to The 40 Year-Old Virgin.

And hey, I LOVE The Last Action Hero! So does my husband. There's not a thing wrong with it.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
The film is scheduled for DVD release in the UK on March the 13th. There are no bonus features. :frowning:

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

It did get a fairly wide release, it made my suburban multiplex in a smaller market. But, the box office wasn't there, so it didn't stay for long.

JulianK

Supporting Actor

Sorry, Donnie - perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I meant that there will apparently be no bonus features on the R2 edition.

Most UK WHV discs are identical to the US release, so I expect the (currently un-announced) R1 version will be bare-bones, too.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Tony, where did you hear/read all of this? Shane never offered to buy his own film back, and having spent quite a bit of time with Shane, he's far from "Welles" like, not having an ego (IMO) at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks