KinoWelt/Momentum Special Editions on sale at Bensonsworld

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Bob Graham, May 17, 2003.

1. Bob Graham

Bob Graham Supporting Actor

Bob Graham
    There's a great article in VIDEO WATCHDOG #95 about a number of special editions of horror titles issued by KinoWelt of Germany. Since they cannot be advertised or sold over the web according to German law (as outlined in the article) they seem to have "flown under the radar". They include extensive extras that are not available on their Region 1 counterparts (all of the John Carpenter releases, for example have interviews with Carpenter)and anamorphic 16x9 transfers.

KinoWelt has licensed UK rights to their special editions to Momentum and in a fortuitous coincidence of circumstances, Bensonsworld has them on sale for 7.99 GBP (approximately $12.95 US). Titles I saw on the Bensonsworld site include:

THEY LIVE
    PRINCE OF DARKNESS
    SHOCKER
    CAT'S EYE
    THE CHANGELING

2. Sergio A

Sergio A Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info - I've just ordered PRINCE OF DARKNESS and THEY LIVE, for me one of the seminal movies of the 80s.

So can one get KINOWELT DVDs via Amazon.de then? From what I've read at DVDBEAVER and DVDSCAN and the such, their DVD transfers are often superiror to American ones..

3. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

thanks for the news

[​IMG]