What's new

Kino Releasing "Last of the Dogmen" on Blu-Ray! New Release Date is 05-17-22 (1 Viewer)

Capt Cheese Pro

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
This is the press release Kino sent out over a year ago. Theres no mention on thier site, and all info is no fresher than last year? Did they hit a snag? The Last of the Dogmen is an under rated film, DVDs are ok, but the transfer I have is a little lack luster. This movie cound use a good remastering and upgrade to Blu-ray at least.
I did see a reference to this film on KInos Facbook page just this year, and then nothing?? Anyone hear somthing about this title? I'd love to get a BR copy but all info has gone dark..?

Kino: 4K Remaster of Last of the Dogmen Prepped for Blu-ray​

Posted February 4, 2020 03:19 PM by

Kino International
Kino Lorber have revealed that they are preparing a Blu-ray release of Tab Murphy's film
Last of the Dogmen (1995), starring Tom Berenger, Barbara Hershey, Kurtwood Smith, Steve Reevis, and Gregory Scott Cummins. The release is expected to arrive on the market later this year.

Synopsis: Tom Berenger is Lewis Gates, a bounty hunter haunted by the past, hired to track down three escaped convicts in the Oxbow region of the Rockies. Their trail leads him to a secluded spot and signs of a struggle, but no bodies - only a strange arrow shaft remains. Gates takes the arrow to an expert in Native American culture, Lillian Sloan (Barbara Hershey), and together they set off in search of an impossible mystery - a tribe they believe cannot exist, massacred over 100 years ago.

Capt Cheese Pro

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
After a year of waiting it seems kind of strange they just keep saying soon, maybe there’s some sort of property rights issue or something?

zdale59

Auditioning
Real Name
Zach Allen
Yes I heard both versions, Wilford Brimley and the regular. Best way to communicate with Kino is Facebook Messenger, least that’s how I have been. I’ve been posting updates here below. Last I heard was Feb or March of 22’. However, each time I ask it gets pushed out. Been asking since Jan 21’. I’ve asked which cover too, not sure yet. Go to the link below to see my updates and answers to questions. This is my number 1 favorite movie. Cannot wait til it’s released!

https:// m. facebook. com/KinoLorberStudioClassics/posts/2812669912123231

Copy link and take out spaces

zdale59

Auditioning
Real Name
Zach Allen
Yes I heard both versions, Wilford Brimley and the regular. Best way to communicate with Kino is Facebook Messenger, least that’s how I have been. I’ve been posting updates here below. Last I heard was Feb or March of 22’. However, each time I ask it gets pushed out. Been asking since Jan 21’. I’ve asked which cover too, not sure yet. Go to the link below to see my updates and answers to questions. This is my number 1 favorite movie. Cannot wait til it’s released!

Capt Cheese Pro

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I just wish that Kino would folloe through or at leasst update everyone, since thier announcment almost 2 years ago??

Last edited:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I just wish that Kino would folloe through or at leasst update everyone, since thier announcment almost 2 years ago??
As Robert Crawford alluded to, they did update everyone with 'no new news' and that means 'not until 2022'.

Until they actually have a date, that 'no new news' is still the most current piece of information.

Unless you want a 'still no new news' update. ("Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead")

Capt Cheese Pro

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
KL has been teasing us for years, saying that that a HD restoration of Tab Murphy's film "Last of the Dogmen" was coming, but with the Covid issues dragging on and the aniticipation of this titles release, seeming to be on and then off again, brought furstration to everyone involoved I'm sure!! I know it was frustrating to me personaly. From the time I saw it in the theaters and eventually on DVD it is one of my favorite western titles, and a "go to" when I get in the mood for a modern day western. Sporting some cool new packaging artwork and quite a few bonus materials...I'm exccited!!! And Director Approved neve hurts!!!
I was just on the KL site and dug this up for everybody!!! It is slated for 5/17/22 - I can wait!!! Not yet set for pre-sale, but keep your eyes on it!! So far this is the info -
Directed by Tab Murphy

Tom Berenger (Shoot to Kill, Shattered) is Lewis Gates, a bounty hunter haunted by the past, hired to track down three escaped convicts in the Oxbow region of the Rockies. Their trail leads him to a secluded spot and signs of a struggle, but no bodies—only a strange arrow shaft remains. Gates takes the arrow to an expert in Native American culture, Lillian Sloan (Barbara Hershey, Hoosiers, The Public Eye), and together they set off in search of an impossible mystery—a tribe they believe cannot exist, massacred over 100 years ago. What they discover deep in the Oxbow may prove an answer to both Lillian’s dreams and Lewis’s nightmares. But for now, it’s a desperate race against time if they are to save the last of the Dogmen from the destructive forces of the modern world. Tab Murphy (Gorillas in the Mist, Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Tarzan) wrote and made his directorial debut with this beautifully photographed modern-day western filled with romance, adventure and Native American folklore. Co-starring Kurtwood Smith (RoboCop) and Steve Reevis (Dances with Wolves).

Blu-ray Extras Include:
Newly Restored from a 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative – Color Graded and Approved by Director Tab Murphy and Cinematographer Karl Walter Lindenlaub

NEW Audio Commentary by Writer/Director Tab Murphy, Producer Joel B. Michaels, Moderated by Filmmaker Douglas Hosdale

Booklet Essay by Film Historian Julie Kirgo

Newly Commissioned Art by Vince Evans

Includes Audio with Narration by Wilfred Brimley and the Director Preferred Version Without Narration

Theatrical Trailer

Optional English Subtitles

Attachments

• 738329258115.jpg
    738329258115.jpg
    926.5 KB · Views: 9

Capt Cheese Pro

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
This is the press release Kino sent out over a year ago. Theres no mention on thier site, and all info is no fresher than last year? Did they hit a snag? The Last of the Dogmen is an under rated film, DVDs are ok, but the transfer I have is a little lack luster. This movie cound use a good remastering and upgrade to Blu-ray at least.
I did see a reference to this film on KInos Facbook page just this year, and then nothing?? Anyone hear somthing about this title? I'd love to get a BR copy but all info has gone dark..?

Kino: 4K Remaster of Last of the Dogmen Prepped for Blu-ray​

Posted February 4, 2020 03:19 PM by

Kino International
Kino Lorber have revealed that they are preparing a Blu-ray release of Tab Murphy's film
Last of the Dogmen (1995), starring Tom Berenger, Barbara Hershey, Kurtwood Smith, Steve Reevis, and Gregory Scott Cummins. The release is expected to arrive on the market later this year.

Synopsis: Tom Berenger is Lewis Gates, a bounty hunter haunted by the past, hired to track down three escaped convicts in the Oxbow region of the Rockies. Their trail leads him to a secluded spot and signs of a struggle, but no bodies - only a strange arrow shaft remains. Gates takes the arrow to an expert in Native American culture, Lillian Sloan (Barbara Hershey), and together they set off in search of an impossible mystery - a tribe they believe cannot exist, massacred over 100 years ago.

Capt Cheese Pro

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The release date has been pushed back again from April 12th to May 17th.
Avail 5/17/22 - order early
Pre-orders are generally sent several days in advance of street date.
Only ships to US & Canada

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fadilale
Recent bookmarks