What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (3 Viewers)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Just watched my copy of The Night Stalker, which arrived today from KL. KL, you knocked it out of the park with a magnificent transfer of my all time favorite made for TV movie, and great new bonus features. It was a blast seeing "old Las Vegas" of the early 1970's, I barely recognized it compared to the modern Vegas. And of course the great iconic theme music and soundtrack. LOVE YOU KL for bringing this to us. A million thanks. Will watch The Night Strangler later tonight.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Just watched my copy of The Night Stalker, which arrived today from KL. KL, you knocked it out of the park with a magnificent transfer of my all time favorite made for TV movie, and great new bonus features. It was a blast seeing "old Las Vegas" of the early 1970's, I barely recognized it compared to the modern Vegas. And of course the great iconic theme music and soundtrack. LOVE YOU KL for bringing this to us. A million thanks. Will watch The Night Strangler later tonight.

I'm hoping to pick these up real soon, thanks for the positive review. I've never seen either of them so they will be blind buys, but they sound really interesting.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!
The 4th of 8 collaborations between director Anthony Mann and star James Stewart!

Thunder Bay (1953) Starring James Stewart, Joanne Dru, Gilbert Roland, Dan Duryea, Jay C. Flippen and Harry Morgan - Shot in Technicolor by William H. Daniels (Foxfire, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof) - Co-written by John Michael Hayes (Rear Window, To Catch a Thief) - Directed by Anthony Mann (Bend of the River, Man of the West).

p328_p_v8_aa.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
THUNDER BAY was filmed in the fall of 1952 and composed for 1.37.

Universal-International did not change to widescreen production until March 28, 1953 with the start of principal photography on WINGS OF THE HAWK.

There's more information and original studio documents here: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/the-first-year-of-widescreen

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Oh, yes, I would Love having The Far Country on Blu from KL! That movie was filmed near where I live, at Mt. Edith Cavell in Jasper National Park, Alberta! And It's yet another fine Mann/Stewart outing! See, Kino Lorber, You give and give and we always want more! Ha, ha...

I have 2 KL Blu rays in the mail right now, with many more on pre-order!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks