What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (12 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
And the winner is...

saturn.jpg

PGB

Agent
Real Name
Geoffrey Blowers
We confirmed these ABC/Selznick titles on another forum, so we thought it was only fair to also share with the good HTF people.

Too Late the Hero (1970) Legal issues - will not be released

Indiscretion of an American Wife / Terminal Station (1953) KL has restored Selznick

Is there a chance the legal issues surrounding Too Late The Hero might be resolved enabling Kino to proceed to lease the film on Blu?

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming September 25th on DVD and Blu-ray!
Oscar Winner: Best Actress
Oscar Nominee: Best Adapted Screenplay (Horton Foote)

The Trip to Bountiful (1985) with optional English subtitles
A richly textured and triumphant tale of an elderly woman's journey home, The Trip to Bountiful stars Geraldine Page (What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice?) in the performance of a lifetime and a role that won her an Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role. Funny, adventurous and suspenseful, The Trip to Bountiful is perfect on just about every level and is a demonstration of the human spirit. Carrie Watts (Page) is an elderly woman with a weak heart, but of strong determination. Trapped in a tiny apartment under the care of her cowardly son and his shrewish wife, Carrie is determined to escape and return to her girlhood home. Seizing her chance and her meager Social Security check, Carrie sets out on an unforgettable quest to make peace with her past—and the secrets of her heart that draw her ever homeward. Peter Masterson (Full Moon in Blue Water) directed this endearing and uplifting drama co-starring John Heard (Deceived) and Rebecca De Mornay (Runaway Train). Legendary writer Horton Foote (Tender Mercies) wrote the Oscar-nominated screenplay based on his own play.

Special Features:
• Return to Bountiful - Documentary
• Original Theatrical Trailer

738329233365.jpg

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
I've never seen this film, but I caught the Broadway revival in 2013 with Cicely Tyson. With the exception of an amateurish Cuba Gooding Jr., the show was superb. But what I remember most is a moment of theatrical magic - as Tyson sits in a lonely bus station, she starts singing an old spiritual to comfort herself. Tyson was so endearing that half the audience spontaneously started to sing along with her!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
While I've seen (and liked) both the Page and Tyson versions of Trip To Bountiful, I'd love to see the original 1953 version done for TV with Lillian Gish (Page's role), Eva Marie Saint (De Mornay's role) and Eileen Heckart (Glynn's role). I'm sure there must be a kinescope of it somewhere and while I'm sure it's not up to DVD standards much less blu ray, it's a must for historical and archival purposes. Much like VAI's blu ray release of Annie Get Your Gun (1957) with Mary Martin. It looks awful but I wouldn't be without it in my collection.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
While I've seen (and liked) both the Page and Tyson versions of Trip To Bountiful, I'd love to see the original 1953 version done for TV with Lillian Gish (Page's role), Eva Marie Saint (De Mornay's role) and Eileen Heckart (Glynn's role). I'm sure there must be a kinescope of it somewhere and while I'm sure it's not up to DVD standards much less blu ray, it's a must for historical and archival purposes. Much like VAI's blu ray release of Annie Get Your Gun (1957) with Mary Martin. It looks awful but I wouldn't be without it in my collection.
THAT would be a great bonus feature!

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
Dear Insider - Wondering when we might expect a release date for BECKY SHARP. Many thanks in advance!!!

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
If Kino releases Nixon, I would re-buy it if they are able to include the theatrical cut, which has never seen a Blu-Ray release and only ever had a non-anamorphic DVD release.

They could do a million things with Nixon. I'd love a cast commentary considering it has the best cast in film history. I favor the director''s cut, but would like to see the theatrical again. The Criterion Collection release of Robert Altman's "Secret Honor" included actual news footage of Nixon or maybe a full doc on Oliver Stone's career. It could be a very special release. They better use the some of the original poster art! The Italian poster for Nixon was well done.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
They could do a million things with Nixon. I'd love a cast commentary considering it has the best cast in film history. I favor the director''s cut, but would like to see the theatrical again. The Criterion Collection release of Robert Altman's "Secret Honor" included actual news footage of Nixon or maybe a full doc on Oliver Stone's career. It could be a very special release. They better use the some of the original poster art! The Italian poster for Nixon was well done.
I disagree that it had the best cast of all time, but it was very good. And I love your ideas for bonus features.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Brand New HD Master From a 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative!

Good Times (1967) with optional English subtitles
• Interview with Director William Friedkin
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Lee Gambin

738329229320.jpg

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Brand New HD Master From a 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative!

Good Times (1967) with optional English subtitles
• Interview with Director William Friedkin
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Lee Gambin

View attachment 47487
Wow, never expected Good Times on Blu. I’m reminded when Cher won her Academy Award. She thanked Meryl Streep, saying that Meryl was in her very first movie. Afterwards someone said, funny, I don’t recall Meryl Streep being in Good Times...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks