What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (29 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This thread is very close to being like Twitter...full of vitriol and unkindness.

Maybe if we all remember the topic of the thread and stick to the strict posting guidelines that were put in place at its inception.

From Post #3:

1. KINO LORBER INSIDER, as a representative of Kino Distribution, will be posting new release information in this thread as it becomes available.

2. KINO LORBER INSIDER will only be posting release announcements. They will respond to questions they are allowed to answer. They have new KL guidelines to what questions they are allowed to answer and what they're not. The insider is not required to answer every question posed to him.

3. This thread is for announcements and reaction to the announcements only.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 14th on DVD and Blu-ray!
BD $19.95 | DVD $14.95

The Inkwell (1994) with optional English subtitles
The Inkwell – it's a time and a place where cool clothes, hot music, sexy girls and good friends turn a dull family trip into the summertime vacation of a lifetime. Matty Rich (Straight out of Brooklyn) directed this critically acclaimed comedy-drama with an irresistible soundtrack featuring the music of legendary soul artists B.T. Express and Gladys Knight & The Pips. In 1976, Drew (Larenz Tate, Dead Presidents) is a teenager who has trouble dealing with life after he accidentally sets his house on fire. His parents Kenny (Joe Morton, Terminator 2) and Brenda (Suzzanne Douglas, Jason’s Lyric) decide to go to Martha’s Vineyard to spend the 4th of July weekend with family and friends. On Martha's Vineyard, Drew is thrown into an affluent, party-loving black society that congregates on a beach known as the Inkwell. Drew is now torn between two girls, the insufferably snooty Lauren (Jada Pinkett Smith, Collateral) and Heather (A.J. Johnson, House Party), a young woman married to a faithless louse. The stellar cast includes Morris Chestnut (Boyz n the Hood) and Duane Martin (Above the Rim).

Special Features:
• Audio Commentary by Director Matty Rich
• Theatrical Trailer

738329232023.jpg

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Coming August 28th on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New HD Master from a 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative!

A MINUTE TO PRAY, A SECOND TO DIE (1968) with optional English subtitles
Time is running out for the fastest gun in the west! Old habits die fast in this brutal, violent and intensely realistic western about a desperate gunslinger who's hunted by the law... and haunted by his past! Starring Alex Cord (Chosen Survivors), Arthur Kennedy (Elmer Gantry), Robert Ryan (Day of the Outlaw), Mario Brega (A Fistful of Dollars) and Nicoletta Machiavelli (Navajo Joe), A Minute to Pray, a Second to Die is heavily armed with great atmosphere and top-notch action – from breathtaking beginning... to the explosive climax. When Clay McCord (Cord), the fastest draw in the West, gets the shakes in his shooting arm, he decides to hang up his guns for good. But riding the straight and narrow may be more dangerous than he ever imagined – especially when his only hope for survival lies in the hands of a shady sheriff whose offer of amnesty hides something far deadlier. Stylishly directed by Franco Giraldi (Sugar Colt).

Special Features:
• Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Alex Cox
• Alternate Ending (SD)
• KLSC Trailers

View attachment 46836

I've been waiting for this one for quite some time, however I must say it won't be much good if the original longer (by approx 16 mins, incl. original ending) Italian version isn't included in its entirety.

(Unless, ofcourse, this "IS" the longer Italian cut and the bonus 'alternate ending' is of the U.S. version - but that doesn't seem likely...)

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming this Fall!
Newly Restored in HD!

GOLD (1974) starring Roger Moore, Susannah York, Ray Milland, Bradford Dillman, John Gielgud and Tony Beckley - Screenplay by Wilbur Smith (Shout at the Devil) and Stanley Price (Arabesque) - Based on the Novel by Smith (Dark of the Sun) - Shot by Ousama Rawi (The Black Windmill) - Edited by legendary Bond editor and director John Glen (The Spy Who Loved Me) - Music by Elmer Bernstein (The Great Escape) - Directed by legendary Bond editor and director Peter Hunt (One Her Majesty's Secret Service).

Gold.jpg

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
I believe this is the first time "GOLD" has EVER been (announced-to-be) available on video in anything other than beat-up,washed-out, uber-grainy quality. Hoping KL will bring us more restored PD titles in the near future.

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I believe this is the first time this one has EVER been (announced-to-be) issued on video in anything other than beat-up, washed-out, uber-grainy quality.

If you're referring to Gold, I have a more than decent anamorphic wide screen DVD from England. That being said I have no doubt that Kino's release is going to blow it out of the water!

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
GOLD is also on Blu-ray from the UK. But KL will likely sweeten the deal with more extras.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Just to clarify my comment about "A Minute to Pray, A Second to Die" - while the Int'l/ American version is very good, the original Italian version is considered the superior.

Last edited:

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Wrong for you maybe but right for me! God, how I hate A Thousand Clowns! Is there anything worse than movies with precocious little brats who act like 40 year olds? I wanted to drown that kid! Barbara Harris is one of my all time favorites and is the best thing about the film but as much as I love her, it's a film I never want to see again!
Yes, many things are worse than “precocious little brats...”! Like little brats who whine and cry! I’d rather see mature younger people than whiny brats.

Anyway, the film is hilarious... it’s too bad you’ll never see it again. But, like he said, “to each his own.”

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This was an Allied Artists release. Was it licensed from Warner Bros.? If so, I would love to see if you can get hold of BILLY BUDD. If not, I wish WB would get it to us. One of the best sea stories ever.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming this Fall on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New HD Master!

Made for Each Other (1939) Starring Carole Lombard, James Stewart, Charles Coburn and Lucile Watson - Screenplay by Jo Swerling (Pride of the Yankees) - Produced by David O. Selznick (Gone with the Wind) - Shot by 4-Time Oscar Winner Leon Shamroy (Leave Her to Heaven) - Directed by John Cromwell (Since You Went Away).

mfeo2.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
This was an Allied Artists release. Was it licensed from Warner Bros.? If so, I would love to see if you can get hold of BILLY BUDD. If not, I wish WB would get it to us. One of the best sea stories ever.

No, this wasn't from WB. If we ever did a deal with WB, I think we would go after some bigger titles than Gold :)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
We confirmed these ABC/Selznick titles on another forum, so we thought it was only fair to also share with the good HTF people.

Good Times (1967) - Coming soon (4K scan of the OCN)
The Rover (1967) - Coming in 2019 (new HD master)
Diamonds for Breakfast (1968) - Coming in 2019 (new HD master)
Ring of Bright Water (1969) - Coming soon (4K scan of the OCN)
Midas Run (1969) - Coming soon (4K scan of the OCN)
Jenny (1970) - Coming soon (4K scan of the OCN)
Lovers and Other Strangers (1970) - Coming soon (4K scan of the OCN)
Song of Norway (1970) - KL has the rights (element issues - release TBD)
Suppose They Gave a War… (1970) - Coming soon (4K scan of the OCN)
Too Late the Hero (1970) Legal issues - will not be released
The 300 Year Weekend (1971) – Available in HD – To release or not TBD
Kotch (1971) - Coming soon (4K scan of the OCN)
The Last Valley (1971) KL has the rights (even more problematic than SON)
Zachariah (1971) - Coming soon (4K scan of the OCN)
Impulse (1984) - Coming soon (4K scan of the OCN)
Little Lord Fauntleroy (1936) - KL has the rights – Not interested in re-release
Nothing Sacred (1937) Re-release Coming soon (2K scan of the restored elements)
Indiscretion of an American Wife / Terminal Station (1953) KL has restored Selznick cut – Working on restoring TS
A Bill of Divorcement (1940) – Coming soon (new HD master)

The Touch (1971) - No longer with Disney
Enormous Changes at the Last Minute (1983) - Not with KL
Lucifer AKA Goodnight God Bless (1987) - Not with KL

That's like 19 confirmations in one day, twenty if you count Made For Each Other.

Have a nice weekend!

Last edited:

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Exciting that NOTHING SACRED is getting a remaster! The previous release from Selznick's personal nitrate print was the best to date, but still suboptimal. Thank you, Kino!!

TPWard

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom Ward
Curious if I missed an announcement as to why The Spiral Staircase on blu was delayed? I think it was announced for a 2017 release,if memory serves.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Curious if I missed an announcement as to why The Spiral Staircase on blu was delayed? I think it was announced for a 2017 release,if memory serves.

I think it was because the transfer needed a lot of work before it could be ready for Blu release, at least that’s what I remember Misterlime saying back when he was the KL insider.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks