What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (7 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

Brand new 2K master from a 2K scan of the interpositive!

The Spider Woman Strikes Back (1946)
Starring Gale Sondergaard, Brenda Joyce, Kirby Grant & Rondo Hatton – Written by Eric Taylor (Black Friday) – Directed by Arthur Lubin (Phantom of the Opera).

View attachment 94391

So who is who on that poster?? Of course, I'm really only interested as to who that lovely creature (who we see taking up the center of the web) is... :D

Crush Flirting GIF

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I agree that the first Spider woman movie was superior . But i can watch Gale Sondergaard any time. She is the female Sydney Greenstreet for me. She does sinister so well. I will be picking up Spider Woman Strikes Back.
I remember seeing Gale on stage in a production of The Crucible with Charlton Heston in LA

Reactions: PMF

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
This Saturday announcement is incredible. I actually yelled an expletive in delighted shock. This has never been released before on home video. This gives me hope for some other MIA Universals. Rondo Hatton, you are...avenged!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

The Spider Woman Strikes Back (1946)
Starring Gale Sondergaard, Brenda Joyce, Kirby Grant & Rondo Hatton – Written by Eric Taylor (Black Friday) – Directed by Arthur Lubin (Phantom of the Opera).

View attachment 94391
Wow, a Universal semi-horror picture that never had a DVD release. And best of all... Rondo!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

Night Has a Thousand Eyes (1948)
Starring Edward G. Robinson, Gail Russell, John Lund & Virginia Bruce – Shot by John F. Seitz (Double Indemnity) – Screenplay by Barré Lyndon (Hangover Square) & Jonathan Latimer (The Big Clock) – Based on a Novel by Cornell Woolrich (Rear Window) – Directed by John Farrow (Alias Nick Beal).

May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'EDWARD G. ROBINSON GAIL RUSSELL JOHN LUND NEVER HAVE THE STARS LOOKED DOWN... ON AN ADVENTURE LIKE THIS! NIGHT HAS A THOUSAND EYES ...IRGINIA BRUCE WILLIAM DEMAREST Endre Bohem Directed by JOHN FARROW PlayBarrLyndo Paramount Produced'

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Damn, Kino keeps hitting these announcements out of the park! I am so excited with this latest announcement as one more of my "Holy Grail" titles not only makes it to home video, but in 1080p. This morning, I just Gail Russell in "Moonrise" and now I can see her again in another film noir classic.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Honestly between them and they're releasing partners, plus the weekend announcements, i don't think any of the other guys keep up with the amount of product that is coming from Kino and their releasing partners. A lot of it is stuff people have been waiting for, those holy Grails that you never thought would show up. Another great weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks