What's new

Kino Lorber Insider (Read Guidelines Post #3) (37 Viewers)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Don Siegel was a famous auteur, before Eastwood.

Eastwood can thank Don for helping him become a huge film star.

some guy from Italy who made Westerns, may have a little difference of opinion about that, I just think it was synergy with Eastwood, Leone, Siegel, Sturges, and Eastwood stepping behind the camera himself.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
1617857310916.png

the upcoming SENSATION SEEKERS/A CHAPTER IN HER LIFE that Kino is releasing, i am curious if this is part of the Universal Silent Restoration Program, looks interesting and with a release date of next week. would like to see if a little more information would be possible.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert

Gerani53

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary Gerani
As was The Killers
Siegel's THE KILLERS (1964) was indeed the "first" made-for-tv movie, but because of its still-disturbing violence, this tough gangster yarn premiered on the big screen instead of the small, as a 35mm 1.85 film, before finding its way back to TV via 16mm syndication. The first true made-for-tv movie was Universal's next offering, SEE HOW THEY RUN, followed by Siegel's own THE HANGED MAN, with Robert Culp. They were all part of what Universal and NBC called PROJECT 120 (two hours w. commercials). The concept changed titles in 1966 -- now these Universal tele features were WORLD PREMIERE movies, popping up without notice on the network's SATURDAY and TUESDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES. STRANGER ON THE RUN was one of these early WORLD PREMIEREs, a very good one, and it too may have been released theatrically... but only after it was first shown on the network, and only in Europe. We'll get this one at 1.37, which seems right (I believe KILLERS was framed for 1.33 and 1.85, but I don't think that's the case here).

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Please Do support Kino, as they offer more silents.

I absolutely do , the 55 silents I have from them have all been an education. Early WC Fields, Buster Keaton, Gloria Swanson, Louise Brooks, and some the D.W. Griffith titles.
I fully believe that they are dedicated to preserving the silent Legacy through their releases. So much of the silent legacy has been lost to the ravages of time.

It's been added to my list to pick up.

Real Name
Insider
Coming July 27th!

Baise-moi (2000)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Kat Ellinger
• The Making of Baise-Moi: A Forty-Minute Documentary Featuring Interviews with Directors Virginie Despentes, Coralie Trinh Thi and Stars Karen Bach, Raffaëla Anderson
• Q&A Recording with the Directors
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 77 Minutes 1.66:1 UNRATED
The shocking French thriller Baise-moi tells the story of two young women who go on a violent spree against a society in which they feel marginalized. One of them, Manu, is brutally raped by a group of savage thugs. The other, Nadine, sells her body but refuses to give up her soul. Chance unites them and together they decide to alter their destinies. Angry at the world, they embark on a twisted, rage-filled road trip, leaving a trail of mischief and dead bodies in their wake. Written and directed by Virginie Despentes (Bye Bye Blondie) and Coralie Trinh Thi from Despentes’ novel, this raw, explosive film continues to stir controversy with its graphic mix of high-impact violence and explicit sex scenes.

738329254322.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Insider
View attachment 94287

the upcoming SENSATION SEEKERS/A CHAPTER IN HER LIFE that Kino is releasing, i am curious if this is part of the Universal Silent Restoration Program, looks interesting and with a release date of next week. would like to see if a little more information would be possible.
Yes, both were restored in 4K by Universal.

Real Name
Insider
Coming July 27th!

Clay Pigeons (1998)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Director David Dobkin
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Joaquin Phoenix (Gladiator, Joker), Vince Vaughn (Swingers, Brawl in Cell Block 99) and Janeane Garofalo (Mystery Men, Wet Hot American Summer) star in this hot-blooded crime-comedy from director David Dobkin (Wedding Crashers, The Judge). He has a firm handshake, a ready smile and some strange ideas about friendship. His name is Lester Long (Vaughn) and when the bodies start piling up he generously decides to share the blame. Now the FBI has got the whole town under observation, and Lester has put his new friend Clay (Phoenix) over a barrel. The only way for Clay to set things straight is to beat one twisted individual at his own game of deceit and double-crossing.

738329254063.jpg

cadavra

Second Unit
Real Name
mike schlesinger
View attachment 94287

We premiered the restoration a couple of years ago at Cinecon. It's an excellent picture--and interestingly, it has almost the exact same plot as the later Ruth Chatterton vehicle FEMALE; however, both come from different source materials, so the latter isn't officially a remake.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

Brand new 2K master from a 2K scan of the interpositive!

The Spider Woman Strikes Back (1946)
Starring Gale Sondergaard, Brenda Joyce, Kirby Grant & Rondo Hatton – Written by Eric Taylor (Black Friday) – Directed by Arthur Lubin (Phantom of the Opera).

1618066945321.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyCookie