What's new

Kino Lorber Insider (Read Guidelines Post #3) (36 Viewers)

Real Name
Insider
Coming to Blu-ray June 29th from Kino Lorber and SenArt Films!

Bonneville (2007)
Starring Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Joan Allen, Christine Baranski, and Tom Skerritt
Directed by Christopher N. Rowley

Jessica Lange (Tootsie), Joan Allen (Nixon) and Kathy Bates (Misery) hit the road in Bonneville, a story about three friends who “come of age” for a second time on a trip across the great American West. Faced with the decision of a lifetime, Arvilla Holden (Lange) loads up her 1966 Bonneville convertible and, with her friends (Allen, Bates) in tow, sets out from Pocatello, Idaho en route to Santa Barbara. As they detour to spots like Bryce Canyon and Las Vegas, it doesn’t take long for the women to realize Arvilla has something unexpected in store. But what none of them realize is that what began as a simple trip will end up becoming a chance to rediscover themselves, their friendship, the importance of promises – and of letting go. Also starring Tom Skerritt and Christine Baranski, Bonneville unites three of the most acclaimed actresses of our time in a story that celebrates fun, adventure and living life to the fullest.

Special features:
*Behind-the-scenes featurette
*Trailers
*Optional English SDH subtitles

Bonneville_BR.jpg

Real Name
Insider
FINAL DAY!
MARCH MADNESS Sale (Over 520 Blu-rays)!

WHILE SUPPLIES LAST Sale (Over 180 Blu-rays) Continues!

Free USA Shipping: Orders of $50 or More!

MM_sale_4.jpg

Real Name
Insider
Coming July 20th!

633 Squadron | Mosquito Squadron (Double Feature)
• Audio Commentaries by Filmmaker/Historian Steve Mitchell and Combat Films: American Realism Author Steven Jay Rubin
• Theatrical Trailers
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

633 SQUADRON (1964) Color 102 Minutes 2.35:1
Cliff Robertson (Charly, The Devil’s Brigade) and George Chakiris (West Side Story, Kings of the Sun) lead a do-or-die mission in 633 Squadron. The year is 1944, and Allied forces learn that the Nazis are planning to pummel England with an all-out rocket blitz. The only way to stop the threat is to send the Royal Air Force’s Mosquito bombers into narrow Norwegian fjords to create an avalanche that will crush the Nazis’ rocket-fuel plants. Can Wing Commander Roy Grant (Robertson) and the boys of the courageous 633 Squadron pull it off? And if so, will they live to reap the glory? Breathtaking aerial attack sequences featuring authentic period aircraft highlight this pulse-pounding WWII action-adventure. Co-Starring Harry Andrews (The Hill) and Donald Houston (Where Eagles Dare) and directed by television and Hollywood veteran Walter E. Grauman (Lady in a Cage).

MOSQUITO SQUADRON (1969) Color 90 Minutes 1.66:1 Rated G
David McCallum (The Great Escape, TV’s The Man from U.N.C.L.E.) stars in this epic WWII adventure that perfectly captures the explosive action and emotional torment of war. With its astonishing special effects, stark cinematography and brilliantly choreographed aerial combat sequences, Mosquito Squadroncatapults the viewer into the searing heat of battle! As Allied forces struggle against the awesome might of the German Luftwaffe, an even greater threat is posed by the destructive V3 rocket nearing completion at a secret testing center. The Royal Air Force’s Mosquito Squadron gears up to destroy the site, but its leader, Quint Munroe (McCallum), becomes conflicted when he discovers that the air strike may kill hundreds of British POWs—including the squad’s former commander! Co-starring Charles Gray (Diamonds are Forever, The File of the Golden Goose) and directed by television and Hollywood veteran Boris Sagal (The Omega Man).

738329254254.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Coming July 20th!

633 Squadron | Mosquito Squadron (Double Feature)
• Audio Commentaries by Filmmaker/Historian Steve Mitchell and Combat Films: American Realism Author Steven Jay Rubin
• Theatrical Trailers
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

633 SQUADRON (1964) Color 102 Minutes 2.35:1
Cliff Robertson (Charly, The Devil’s Brigade) and George Chakiris (West Side Story, Kings of the Sun) lead a do-or-die mission in 633 Squadron. The year is 1944, and Allied forces learn that the Nazis are planning to pummel England with an all-out rocket blitz. The only way to stop the threat is to send the Royal Air Force’s Mosquito bombers into narrow Norwegian fjords to create an avalanche that will crush the Nazis’ rocket-fuel plants. Can Wing Commander Roy Grant (Robertson) and the boys of the courageous 633 Squadron pull it off? And if so, will they live to reap the glory? Breathtaking aerial attack sequences featuring authentic period aircraft highlight this pulse-pounding WWII action-adventure. Co-Starring Harry Andrews (The Hill) and Donald Houston (Where Eagles Dare) and directed by television and Hollywood veteran Walter E. Grauman (Lady in a Cage).

MOSQUITO SQUADRON (1969) Color 90 Minutes 1.66:1 Rated G
David McCallum (The Great Escape, TV’s The Man from U.N.C.L.E.) stars in this epic WWII adventure that perfectly captures the explosive action and emotional torment of war. With its astonishing special effects, stark cinematography and brilliantly choreographed aerial combat sequences, Mosquito Squadroncatapults the viewer into the searing heat of battle! As Allied forces struggle against the awesome might of the German Luftwaffe, an even greater threat is posed by the destructive V3 rocket nearing completion at a secret testing center. The Royal Air Force’s Mosquito Squadron gears up to destroy the site, but its leader, Quint Munroe (McCallum), becomes conflicted when he discovers that the air strike may kill hundreds of British POWs—including the squad’s former commander! Co-starring Charles Gray (Diamonds are Forever, The File of the Golden Goose) and directed by television and Hollywood veteran Boris Sagal (The Omega Man).

View attachment 94058
I was hoping the two Steve's would be doing audio commentaries for both movies.

Real Name
Insider
Coming June 22nd!

CB4 (1993)
STRAIGHT OUTTA LOCASH: NEW Featurette with Director Tamra Davis and Co-Writer Nelson George
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Sex, Rhymes and Keepin’ It Real! Comedy superstar Chris Rock (Lethal Weapon 4, New Jack City) stars in CB4, an off-the-hook, hilarious look at the world of gangsta rap. Rock plays Albert, a.k.a. MC Gusto, the leader of the hot new rap group CB4 (short for “Cell Block 4”). The trio of CB4—MC Gusto, Stab Master Arson (Deezer D, TV’s ER) and Dead Mike (Allen Payne, Jason’s Lyric)—are living large as their hardcore albums blow up the charts. Their rise to fame takes an unfortunate turn when they’re caught up as subjects of a documentary by corny filmmaker A. White (Chris Elliott, Cabin Boy) and victims of a political campaign by Republican Virgil Robinson (Phil Hartman, TV’s Saturday Night Live). And when the reality hits the streets that these cats are just three middle-class kids posing as ex-con thugs, their world of money, power and respect takes a beat-down in the most embarrassing and ludicrous ways. This outrageous “rapumentary” is packed with cameos by real O.G. rap legends like Ice-T, Flavor Flav and Easy E, and studded with special guest appearances by Tommy Davidson, Halle Berry and Shaquille O’Neal. Directed by Tamra Davis (Billy Madison, Half Baked) and co-starring Charlie Murphy (Norbit and TV’s Chappelle’s Show), CB4 is a hysterical stroll through the streets of hardcore hip-hop!

738329251239.jpg

Real Name
Insider
Coming July 27th!

Alias Jesse James (1959)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Bob Hope Trailers
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 92 Minutes 1.85:1
Legendary funnyman Bob Hope (The Cat and the Canary, My Favorite Blonde) stars as the yellowest cowboy ever to sit in the saddle in this fast-paced western spoof riddled with rapid-fire laughs and sure-fire stunts! It takes a real sharp-shootin’, rough-ridin’ horseman to keep Jesse James in line. But until he arrives, insurance broker Milford Farnsworth (Hope) will simply have to do. Norman Z. McLeod (Topper, The Paleface) directed this comedy classic co-starring Rhonda Fleming (The Revolt of the Slaves) and Wendell Corey (Desert Fury) as Jesse James. Featuring a cavalcade of cowboy cameos by James Arness, Gary Cooper, Bing Crosby, Fess Parker, Roy Rogers and his faithful steed Trigger, and many more!

738329254261.jpg

Real Name
Insider
Coming July 27th!

Shenandoah (1965)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Michael F. Blake, C. Courtney Joyner and Constantine Nasr
THE DEFIANT VIRGINIAN: Super 8mm Short Film
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

From Andrew V. McLaglen, the acclaimed director of McLintock!, The Rare Breed, The Way West, The Devil’s Brigade, Ffolkes and The Wild Geese, come this classic Civil War drama starring the great James Stewart (Broken Arrow, Bend of the River). Stewart stars as Charlie Anderson, a wealthy Virginia farmer who refuses to support the Confederacy because he is opposed to slavery, yet refuses to support the Union because he is deeply opposed to war. When his son is taken prisoner and he goes to search for the boy, Charlie sees firsthand the horrors of war and is at last forced to take his stand. This anti-war, pro-family western co-stars Doug McClure (TV’s The Virginian, The Land That Time Forgot), Glenn Corbett (Chisum), Patrick Wayne (Big Jake, The People That Time Forgot), Phillip Alford (To Kill a Mockingbird) and, in their film debuts, Rosemary Forsyth (Texas Across the River) and Katharine Ross (Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid).

738329254339.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Insider
Coming July 27th!

Stranger on the Run (1967)
• Brand New HD Master from a 2K Scan of the Interpositive
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian/Screenwriter Gary Gerani
• Broadcast Trailer (HD)
• Newly Commissioned Art by Vince Evans
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

From Don Siegel, the legendary director of Madigan, Two Mules for Sister Sara, Dirty Harry, The Black Windmill, Charley Varrick and The Shootist, comes this first-rate western starring screen greats Henry Fonda (The Ox-Bow Incident), Anne Baxter (Yellow Sky) and Michael Parks (Nightmare Beach). Washed-up, alcoholic vagabond Ben Chamberlain (Fonda in an atypical role) drifts into a godforsaken railhead town looking for a woman named Alma. When that woman winds up dead, Ben finds himself wrongfully accused of murder by the corrupt railroad chief deputy Vince McKay (Parks) and his trigger-happy posse. McKay gives him a horse; some supplies and a one-hour head start into the desert before sending his band of cutthroats after him. Scripted by Dean Riesner (Play Misty for Me) from a story by Reginald Rose (12 Angry Men), Stranger on the Run boasts a strong supporting cast including Dan Duryea (Scarlet Street), Sal Mineo (Rebel Without a Cause), Lloyd Bochner (Point Blank), Michael Burns (TV’s Wagon Train) and Madlyn Rhue (It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World).

738329254285.jpg

cadavra

Second Unit
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Coming July 27th!

Stranger on the Run (1967)
• Brand New HD Master from a 2K Scan of the Interpositive
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian/Screenwriter Gary Gerani
• Broadcast Trailer (HD)
• Newly Commissioned Art by Vince Evans
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

From Don Siegel, the legendary director of Madigan, Two Mules for Sister Sara, Dirty Harry, The Black Windmill, Charley Varrick and The Shootist, comes this first-rate western starring screen greats Henry Fonda (The Ox-Bow Incident), Anne Baxter (Yellow Sky) and Michael Parks (Nightmare Beach). Washed-up, alcoholic vagabond Ben Chamberlain (Fonda in an atypical role) drifts into a godforsaken railhead town looking for a woman named Alma. When that woman winds up dead, Ben finds himself wrongfully accused of murder by the corrupt railroad chief deputy Vince McKay (Parks) and his trigger-happy posse. McKay gives him a horse; some supplies and a one-hour head start into the desert before sending his band of cutthroats after him. Scripted by Dean Riesner (Play Misty for Me) from a story by Reginald Rose (12 Angry Men), Stranger on the Run boasts a strong supporting cast including Dan Duryea (Scarlet Street), Sal Mineo (Rebel Without a Cause), Lloyd Bochner (Point Blank), Michael Burns (TV’s Wagon Train) and Madlyn Rhue (It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World).

View attachment 94236

Great news. A major gap in my Siegel collection--especially as I've never seen it at all.

Gerani53

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary Gerani
STRANGER ON THE RUN is terrific... "the best western you never heard of," I've been calling it. All the actors are doing amazing work... every single one of them. And Dan Duryea should have won an Emmy for his sensitive turn as an aging lawman, his next-to-last film appearance. You'll see what I mean when you watch the film. Honored to have done the commentary track, and the 35mm IP looks great.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
STRANGER ON THE RUN is terrific... "the best western you've never heard of," I've been calling it. All the actors are doing amazing work... every single one of them. And Dan Duryea should have won a Emmy for his sensitive turn as an aging lawman, his next-to-last film appearance. You'll see what I mean when you watch the film. Honored to have done the commentary track, and the 35mm IP looks great.
Though, I was around back in 1967, I have no memory of this movie so I'm looking forward to watching it.

Real Name
Insider
Coming July 27th!

L’Amour Braque (1985) aka Mad Love
• 4K Restoration from the Original Camera Negative
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Kat Ellinger
• Audio Commentary with Director Andrzej Zulawski and Writer Daniel Bird
Becoming Marie: Interview with Sophie Marceau
• Interview with Director of Photography J.F. Robin
• Archival Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Interviews with Zulawski and Stars Marceau & Francis Huster
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles Supervised by Director Zulawski
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Sophie Marceau (The World Is Not Enough, Braveheart, Police), Francis Huster (La Femme Publique, Le Dîner de Cons) and Tchéky Karyo (La Femme Nikita, Dobermann) form the mad love-triangle at the core of Andrzej Zulawski’s L’Amour Braque (a.k.a. Mad Love), a postmodern, existentialist homage to Fyodor Dostoevsky’s classic novel The Idiot. A manic bank robber (Karyo) aims to take back his beloved moll (Marceau) from rival gangsters. On a train to Paris, he meets a neurotic dreamer (Huster) who assumes the mantle of the tale’s “idiot” and gets swept up in the ensuing maelstrom of love and vengeance. Brimming with outbursts of energy and eruptions of emotional violence, L’Amour Braque is a deliriously unique, perverse and bloody ballet choreographed by the visionary director of Possession and Cosmos.

738329254308.jpg

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Coming July 27th!

L’Amour Braque (1985) aka Mad Love
• 4K Restoration from the Original Camera Negative
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Kat Ellinger
• Audio Commentary with Director Andrzej Zulawski and Writer Daniel Bird
Becoming Marie: Interview with Sophie Marceau
• Interview with Director of Photography J.F. Robin
• Archival Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Interviews with Zulawski and Stars Marceau & Francis Huster
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles Supervised by Director Zulawski
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Sophie Marceau (The World Is Not Enough, Braveheart, Police), Francis Huster (La Femme Publique, Le Dîner de Cons) and Tchéky Karyo (La Femme Nikita, Dobermann) form the mad love-triangle at the core of Andrzej Zulawski’s L’Amour Braque (a.k.a. Mad Love), a postmodern, existentialist homage to Fyodor Dostoevsky’s classic novel The Idiot. A manic bank robber (Karyo) aims to take back his beloved moll (Marceau) from rival gangsters. On a train to Paris, he meets a neurotic dreamer (Huster) who assumes the mantle of the tale’s “idiot” and gets swept up in the ensuing maelstrom of love and vengeance. Brimming with outbursts of energy and eruptions of emotional violence, L’Amour Braque is a deliriously unique, perverse and bloody ballet choreographed by the visionary director of Possession and Cosmos.

View attachment 94266
I own the very hard-to-find OOP DVD. A BD is most welcome. Zulawski is a brilliant director.

lark144

Premium
Real Name
mark gross
Though, I was around back in 1967, I have no memory of this movie so I'm looking forward to watching it.
It was originally done for television, I believe, at Universal.

I saw it a few times in the 70's in 16mm; once at the Cultural Center during a Siegel retrospective and once in a class at NYU.

It's pretty terrific and Fonda is amazing.

It's very low budget, but the film has a visual elegance, a complexity in terms of composition, blocking and performance, and a moral depth that belies its origins.

I recall being on the edge of my seat through most of it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
It was originally done for television, I believe, at Universal.

I saw it a few times in the 70's in 16mm; once at the Cultural Center during a Siegel retrospective and once in a class at NYU.

It's pretty terrific and Fonda is amazing.

It's very low budget, but the film has a visual elegance, a complexity in terms of composition, blocking and performance, and a moral depth that belies its origins.

I recall being on the edge of my seat through most of it.
I knew it was a TV movie, but I still don't remember it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyCookie