What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (6 Viewers)

Mark Mayes

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Mayes
How does one get to be a KL commentator? I'm keen to step up with info with some of the Murnau Stiftung releases. I study 30s/40s German cinema, and it's great they're releasing this stuff.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
This week I watched The Night Has a Thousand Eyes courtesy of Italian TV. It's an interesting film that has the winsome Gail Russell starring opposite Edward G. Robinson. A BD should look good since it's a dark film with an interesting hook.
All My Sons is an almost literal rendition of the Arthur Miller play. It has elements of tragedy (the Greek kind) in the hero's downfall from grace. Excellent cast.
Both would be added to my collection.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
This week I watched The Night Has a Thousand Eyes courtesy of Italian TV. It's an interesting film that has the winsome Gail Russell starring opposite Edward G. Robinson. A BD should look good since it's a dark film with an interesting hook.
All My Sons is an almost literal rendition of the Arthur Miller play. It has elements of tragedy (the Greek kind) in the hero's downfall from grace. Excellent cast.
Both would be added to my collection.
The German DVD of Night Has A Thousand Eyes is quite decent but a blu ray would be most welcome.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New Master from a 2K Scan of the Interpositive!

All My Sons (1948)
Starring Edward G. Robinson & Burt Lancaster – Shot by Russell Metty (Touch of Evil) – Based on a Play by Arthur Miller (The Crucible) – Directed by Irving Reis (Crack-Up).

May be an image of one or more people, book and text that says 'NEW YORK CRITICS' AWARD PLAY... NOW PRIZE MOTION PICTURE EDWARD G. ROBINSON ALL BURT MY LANCASTER SONS MADY CHRISTIANS LOUISA HORTON HOWARD CONROY FRANCIS LLOYD COUCH CHESTER ERSKINE PRODUCTION h50m MOR'

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
How did you know that?
Yesterday, on Kino's Facebook page:

"Another one of my most wanted now released! Must buy for me!
The Suspect, The Web, So Evil my love, Alias Nick Beal and now this one! Cannot thank Kino enough!
Here’s hoping for:
The Unseen
All my Sons

Night has a thousand eyes."

"Kino Lorber Studio Classics
One of these will be confirmed tomorrow at 11:00AM."

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Yesterday, on Kino's Facebook page:

"Another one of my most wanted now released! Must buy for me!
The Suspect, The Web, So Evil my love, Alias Nick Beal and now this one! Cannot thank Kino enough!
Here’s hoping for:
The Unseen
All my Sons

Night has a thousand eyes."

"Kino Lorber Studio Classics
One of these will be confirmed tomorrow at 11:00AM."

don't know where I am gonna fit it, but if this keeps up I will need to get to Ikea for another bookshelf … soon

DigniT@DigniT!

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kent
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

All My Sons (1948)
Starring Edward G. Robinson & Burt Lancaster – Shot by Russell Metty (Touch of Evil) – Based on a Play by Arthur Miller (The Crucible) – Directed by Irving Reis (Crack-Up).

May be an image of one or more people, book and text that says 'NEW YORK CRITICS' AWARD PLAY... NOW PRIZE MOTION PICTURE EDWARD G. ROBINSON ALL BURT MY LANCASTER SONS MADY CHRISTIANS LOUISA HORTON HOWARD CONROY FRANCIS LLOYD COUCH CHESTER ERSKINE PRODUCTION h50m MOR''NEW YORK CRITICS' AWARD PLAY... NOW PRIZE MOTION PICTURE EDWARD G. ROBINSON ALL BURT MY LANCASTER SONS MADY CHRISTIANS LOUISA HORTON HOWARD CONROY FRANCIS LLOYD COUCH CHESTER ERSKINE PRODUCTION h50m MOR'
Great news!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Coming July 20th!

The Bride Comes Home (1935)
• Audio Commentary by Author/Film Historian Lee Gambin
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Screen icons Claudette Colbert (Bluebeard's Eighth Wife, It Happened One Night) and Fred MacMurray (Hands Across the Table, Double Indemnity) co-star in this classic screwball comedy set against the backdrop of Chicago during the Depression. At the center of a romantic triangle is Jeannette Desmereau (Colbert), a socialite left penniless by the stock market crash who takes a job as a writer for a men’s magazine. Her two on-again, off-again suitors just happen to be her hard-boiled editor Cyrus Anderson (MacMurray) and the company’s wealthy owner, Jack Bristow (Robert Young, Crossfire). Tempers flare, opposites attract and true love wins out at the end in this fast-paced delight directed by Wesley Ruggles (No Man of Her Own) and featuring memorable comic turns by supporting players Edgar Kennedy (Duck Soup), Donald Meek (You Can’t Take It with You) and William Collier Sr. (All of Me).

View attachment 93662
Nice!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Coming July 20th!

The Gilded Lily (1935)
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Kat Ellinger
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

This often overlooked comedy gem marks the first teaming of screen legends Claudette Colbert (The Bride Comes Home, The Palm Beach Story) and Fred MacMurray (The Princess Comes Across, The Apartment) and is the epitome of a New York City urban fantasy. Newspaper reporter Peter Dawes (MacMurray) and stenographer Marilyn David (Colbert) meet regularly on a park bench sharing popcorn along with their dreams. Their budding romance is soon threatened by a chance meeting between Marilyn and Charles Gray (Ray Milland, Beau Geste, The Lost Weekend), an English nobleman visiting America. Marilyn’s fantasy of landing a handsome millionaire becomes a reality as she is pursued by Charles in a whirlwind courtship, leaving Peter fighting to reclaim his love. When the press learns of the affair, it turns into an international tabloid scandal for everyone involved. Directed by Wesley Ruggles (I’m No Angel), The Gilded Lily helped launch the career of Fred MacMurray who would make six more films with Claudette Colbert over the years.

View attachment 93746
Excellent!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Coming July 20th!

The Plainsman (1936)
• Audio Commentary by Film Critic and Author Simon Abrams
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

From Cecil B. DeMille, the iconic director of The Sign of the Cross, Union Pacific, Reap the Wild Wind, Unconquered and The Ten Commandments, comes this classic western starring screen great Gary Cooper (Beau Geste, High Noon) as legendary gunman Wild Bill Hickok. Teaming up with his lover Calamity Jane (Jean Arthur, A Foreign Affair, The More the Merrier), as well as Buffalo Bill Cody (James Ellison, The Undying Monster), Hickok helps to pacify the frontier in a period of immense change for the Old West. At the same time, behind the scenes, we see the political decisions undertaken by President Lincoln (Frank McGlynn Sr., Captain Blood) that gradually shape America in the period after the Civil War. Charles Bickford (The Big Country) and Anthony Quinn (The Ox-Bow Incident) round out the superb cast in this sweeping epic packed with thrilling action, powerful drama and spectacular set pieces.

View attachment 93753
Another great choice!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Coming July 20th!

Unconquered (1947)
• Audio Commentary by Film Critic Nick Pinkerton
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Legendary director Cecil B. DeMille (The Sign of the Cross, Cleopatra, The Ten Commandments) delivers his trademark lavish spectacle, sizzling romance and intense drama in the grand historical epic Unconquered. Screen icon Gary Cooper (The Plainsman, High Noon) stars as peace-loving Chris Holden, an 18th-century militiaman who buys and then frees beautiful English slave Abby Hale (Paulette Goddard, The Cat and the Canary, Reap the Wild Wind). When a supplier of illegal firearms covets Abby for himself, he sparks a vicious battle between a Native American tribe and a few brave colonists. The eye-popping Technicolor cinematography by Ray Rennahan (Gone with the Wind) vividly captures the early American frontier. The star-studded supporting cast includes Howard Da Silva (The Lost Weekend), Boris Karloff (Frankenstein), Cecil Kellaway (Female on the Beach), Ward Bond (Canyon Passage), Henry Wilcoxon (Caddyshack), C. Aubrey Smith (Love Me Tonight), Virginia Grey (Madame X) and Mike Mazurki (I Walk Alone).

View attachment 93863
Yet another really good title!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

The Accused (1949)
Starring Loretta Young, Robert Cummings, Wendell Corey & Sam Jaffe – Shot by Milton R. Krasner (The Woman in the Window) – Directed by William Dieterle (The Life of Emile Zola, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, I’ll Be Seeing You, Portrait of Jennie).

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Paramount presents LORETTA ROBERT YOUNG and CUMMINGS Every- Thing Points To The Accused HAL WALLIS Production with WENDELL COREY SAM JAFFE DOUGLAS DICK WILLIAM OIETERLE Sereeaglar Birerted Ketti fring:''Paramount presents LORETTA ROBERT YOUNG and CUMMINGS Every- Thing Points To The Accused HAL WALLIS Production with WENDELL COREY SAM JAFFE DOUGLAS DICK WILLIAM OIETERLE Sereeaglar Birerted Ketti fring:'
Thank you, Kino for this and the other classic titles announced the past few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks