What's new

Kino Lorber Insider (Read Guidelines Post #3) (19 Viewers)

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

COMING SOON!

BRAND NEW 2K MASTER!

VERA CRUZ (1954)
Starring Gary Cooper, Burt Lancaster, Ernest Borgnine, Charles Bronson, Jack Elam, Denise Darcel, Cesar Romero, Sara Montiel and George Macready – Music by Hugh Friedhofer (Joan of Arc) – Shot by Ernest Laszlo (Judgment at Nuremberg) – A Hecht-Lancaster Production (Marty) – Screenplay by Roland Kibbee (Valdez is Coming) and James R. Webb (Cape Fear) – Based on a Story by Borden Chase (Winchester ’73) – Directed by Robert Aldrich (The Dirty Dozen).

May be an image of text that says 'HAROLD HECHT presents GARY COOPER BURT LANCASTER TECHNICOLOR VERA CRUZ SUPERSCOPE TIS PRESSBOOK''HAROLD HECHT presents GARY COOPER BURT LANCASTER TECHNICOLOR VERA CRUZ SUPERSCOPE TIS PRESSBOOK'
Finally !!! :D :emoji_hearts: :banana: A Remaster I have been waiting for ! I hope The Horse Soldiers gets a Remaster also. Both Favorite UA Westerns of mine. Thanks KL ;) you guys are Great ! :dancing-banana-04:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAVERA CRUZ.jpg

Last edited:

cadavra

Second Unit
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

COMING SOON!

BRAND NEW 2K MASTER!

VERA CRUZ (1954)
Starring Gary Cooper, Burt Lancaster, Ernest Borgnine, Charles Bronson, Jack Elam, Denise Darcel, Cesar Romero, Sara Montiel and George Macready – Music by Hugh Friedhofer (Joan of Arc) – Shot by Ernest Laszlo (Judgment at Nuremberg) – A Hecht-Lancaster Production (Marty) – Screenplay by Roland Kibbee (Valdez is Coming) and James R. Webb (Cape Fear) – Based on a Story by Borden Chase (Winchester ’73) – Directed by Robert Aldrich (The Dirty Dozen).

May be an image of text that says 'HAROLD HECHT presents GARY COOPER BURT LANCASTER TECHNICOLOR VERA CRUZ SUPERSCOPE TIS PRESSBOOK''HAROLD HECHT presents GARY COOPER BURT LANCASTER TECHNICOLOR VERA CRUZ SUPERSCOPE TIS PRESSBOOK'

YES!!!

lark144

Premium
Real Name
mark gross
Keep in mind that, even at it’s best, the image is a small strip taken from the center of the frame. Filet it is not.

If they return to the OCN, there’s a chance of quality imagery,
Mt. Harris, not to criticize, but I think you mean Porterhouse. Fillet, though prime, is often served in strips.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Keep in mind that, even at it’s best, the image is a small strip taken from the center of the frame. Filet it is not.

I know you know that I know that you know that I know that anyone can say 2K master of any title if the source is transferred at 2K. It is completely meaningless as a descriptor without saying a 2K transfer of WHAT ELEMENT. When they leave off the very pertinent information, I worry. And I know that you know that I know that you know that.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert

I don't think any of us are expecting a pristine video presentation, but, some improvement over that ten year old Blu-ray. Also, I really want a good audio commentary as this was a movie that Burt Lancaster produced too.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I know you know that I know that you know that I know that anyone can say 2K master of any title if the source is transferred at 2K. It is completely meaningless as a descriptor without saying a 2K transfer of WHAT ELEMENT. When they leave off the very pertinent information, I worry. And I know that you know that I know that you know that.
:blink:

• Haha
Reactions: PMF
Real Name
Insider
But presumably this new transfer still comes from MGM whose track record is poor. I'd gladly upgrade if it really is an upgrade but I'll wait for an informed opinion.
Whenever we say New 2K or 4K master, it means KL is paying for it and overseeing it.

Secondly, MGM's masters are usually great, some of the older ones are not, but that's the same for everybody. Everything they've done in the last decade has been perfectly handled.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Whenever we say New 2K or 4K master, it means KL is paying for it and overseeing it.

Secondly, MGM's masters are usually great, some of the older ones are not, but that's the same for everybody. Everything they've done in the last decade has been perfectly handled.
That’s telling the sceptics :biggrin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seann Luopa