What's new

Kino Lorber Insider (Read Guidelines Post #3) (14 Viewers)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I think those are the titles that poster hopes are announced, not officially announced titles from Kino.

My mistake. I saw the poster art and immediately assumed it was announced.

Yup, that's what happened. I'm very sorry about causing the confusion. I let my enthusiasm for Kino's teases for last weekend's announcements get the better of me, sort of like hoping out loud that your lotto numbers are the winning ones, just ahead of the night's drawing. Serves me right, since the actual announced titles turned out to be of far less interest to me --fine films though they both may be-- so I obviously jinxed myself.

Meanwhile, I need that windbag defense lawyer who represented Barbara Stanwyck at the beginning of Remember the Night (1940), since it's abundantly clear that I was, temporarily, not in control of my own faculties, but was rather the (innocent) victim of... "HYPNOTISM!" :laugh:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Meanwhile, I need that windbag defense lawyer who represented Barbara Stanwyck at the beginning of Remember the Night (1940), since it's abundantly clear that I was, temporarily, not in control of my own faculties, but was rather the (innocent) victim of... "HYPNOTISM!" :laugh:

That gag's so old its got whiskers!! :laugh:

Real Name
Insider
KINO LORBER has received 8 NOMINATIONS in the 46th Annual SATURN AWARDS!

Best Classic Film DVD/BD Release
4D MAN
THE DAY THE EARTH CAUGHT FIRE
DR. CYCLOPS
HERCULES IN THE HAUNTED WORLD
THE MAGIC SWORD

Best Television Series DVD/BD Release
BUCK ROGERS IN THE 25TH CENTURY COMPLETE COLLECTION

Best Film Collection DVD/BD Release
HITCHCOCK: BRITISH INTERNATIONAL PICTURES COLLECTION

Best 4K Film Release
MAD MAX

https://deadline.com/2021/03/saturn-awards-nominations-2021-nominees-list-1234706492/

Saturn.jpg

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
but how many are silent ? or :3dglasses:
When thee sound is turned off - all of them are silent :D - I have most of the 3-D ones including the "documentary' on "Air Hostesses" ;)!

I have three copies of Fritz Lang's Metroplis (including the one in the Fritz Lang set). The Jack/John Ford silents ... for All Hallows Day I watched Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with Drew Barrymore's Great-Grand-Uncle (and a short feature by Stan Laurel). And no Universal monsters collection would be complete without the OG Phantom of The Opera :cool:!

Also some Gloria Swanson films ...

Last edited:
Real Name
Insider
Coming to Blu-ray May 4th from Kino Classics and Something Weird Video!

Wages of Sin (1966)
Forbidden Fruit: The Golden Age of the Exploitation Picture, Volume 10

Weary of repackaging the creaky melodramas of the 1930s and ’40s, exploitation distributors in the 1960s began importing European films, which were more frank in their depictions of sexual matters. Any integrity the original films may have possessed was obliterated by the sensational titles and ad campaigns employed to market them to the American grindhouse. A perfect example is Der Arzt stellt fest... (The Doctor notes...), directed by Aleksander Ford (Mir Kumen On). A soap-style dramatization of life inside a women’s clinic, the film argues on behalf of birth control and safe, legal abortion. In the U.S., the film was released by Donn Davison as Wages of Sin and accompanied by a live lecture and additional childbirth shorts, both of which are included here. This Kino Classics edition includes another serious treatise on birth control (though one not sold on the exploitation circuit): The Misery and Fortune of Women, produced by Der Arzt stellt fest... co-producer Lazar Wechsler.

Special features:
*Audio commentary by film historian Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
*The Misery and Fortune of Women (1929, 58 min.)
*Donn Davison medical lecture/book pitch
*Life and Its Secrecies (11 min.)
*Triplets by Cesarean Section (8 min.)
*Trailer gallery

WAGES OF SIN blueband.jpg

Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray May 11th from Kino Lorber!

The Reason I Jump
Directed by Jerry Rothwell

Based on the best-selling book by Naoki Higashida, The Reason I Jump is an immersive cinematic exploration of neurodiversity through the experiences of nonspeaking autistic people from around the world. The film blends Higashida’s revelatory insights into autism, written when he was just 13, with intimate portraits of five remarkable young people. It opens a window for audiences into an intense and overwhelming, but often joyful, sensory universe.

Special Features:
*Dolby Atmos (Blu-ray only)
*English audio description
*Interview with director Jerry Rothwell
*Optional English SDH subtitles
*Q&A with Jerry Rothwell, courtesy of the ReelAbilities Film Festival
*Trailer

Attachments

• ReasonIJump_BR.jpg
    ReasonIJump_BR.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 3
Real Name
Insider
COMING SOON!
4K Restoration from the Original Camera Negative!
Bonus Features & Final Art – To Be Announced!

ICY BREASTS a.k.a. LES SEINS DE GLACE / SOMEONE IS BLEEDING (1974) Color 105 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
International icon Alain Delon (Le Samouraï, Un Flic) stars in this French-Italian psychological thriller written and directed by Georges Lautner (The Road to Salina, Le Professionnel). Seeking inspiration on a beach in Nice, writer François (Claude Brasseur, Band of Outsiders) meets the mysterious young widow Peggy (Mireille Darc, Weekend, The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe) and falls in love with her. Stalking her to her villa, he finds lawyer Marc Rilson (Delon), who warns him that Peggy has a dark and violent past. Bodies pile up in this provocative Euro-chiller based on the novel Someone Is Bleeding by Richard Matheson (Duel, I Am Legend).

Icy Breasts.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I just wish the web site was more user-friendly and allowed more options for sorting within the sale titles offered. I often just give up as you seemingly have to go through the entire list of titles on sale, page-by-page.

Real Name
Insider
Coming to Blu-ray May 11th from Kino Classics and the the Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau Foundation!

To New Shores (1937) and La Habanera (1937)
The Douglas Sirk Collection

Douglas Sirk (All That Heaven Allows) would become synonymous with the 1950s American melodrama, but he was already reinventing the genre while working in Germany in the 1930s. This disc collects two of these rarely-seen, innovative films, both showcasing the talents of Swedish-born superstar Zarah Leander. To New Shores stars Leander as a woman sentenced to an Australian penal colony for a crime committed by her former lover (Willy Birgel). She eventually marries a farmer (Viktor Staal) and returns to the cabaret stage, but remains tragically fixated on the man who broke her heart. In La Habanera, Leander plays Astree, a Swedish woman who marries a Puerto Rican land baron (Ferdinand Marian). As years pass, their love fades, and Astree’s passions are reawakened by a doctor (Karl Martell) who has come to help fight a devastating epidemic, igniting the fury of her jealous husband. While she bore certain resemblances to Greta Garbo and Marlene Dietrich (with her sultry insouciance, defiance of authority, and her low singing voice), Zarah Leander was in fact a striking original, and has largely been overlooked by American audiences because of the inaccessibility of her films (produced at Ufa when the studio was under Reich control).

Special Features:
*Audio commentary for To New Shores by film historian Josh Nelson
*Audio commentary for La Habanera by film historian Olaf Möller
*Optional English subtitles

TO NEW SHORES_LA HABANERA blueband.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member