What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (15 Viewers)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
It’s great what Kino is doing for Mae West. Might it do something similar for WC Fields?
Apparently, the sales for Never Give a Sucker an Even Break weren't so great and some of the others are with another label. He only has one scene in Alice in Wonderland (and really only his voice). I obviously picked both up and I intend on grabbing at least My Little Chickadee, She Done Him Wrong, and I'm No Angel.

A complete "W.C. Fields at Paramount" set would be fantastic, though. Then we'd only need individual releases of You Can't Cheat an Honest Man and The Bank Dick (plus Warner Archive or someone putting out David Copperfield).

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Apparently, the sales for Never Give a Sucker an Even Break weren't so great and some of the others are with another label. He only has one scene in Alice in Wonderland (and really only his voice). I obviously picked both up and I intend on grabbing at least My Little Chickadee, She Done Him Wrong, and I'm No Angel.

A complete "W.C. Fields at Paramount" set would be fantastic, though. Then we'd only need individual releases of You Can't Cheat an Honest Man and The Bank Dick (plus Warner Archive or someone putting out David Copperfield).
Man on the Flying Trapeze is my favorite. I don’t care for the West portion of Chickadee.

ColbyCo82

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven

It's a Gift is my favorite Fields films, actually its one my list of favorite films period. I never cared much for Never Give a Sucker an Even Break. I prefer Fields in in mid-30s Paramount phase...You're Telling Me, The Old Fashioned Way, Man of the Flying Trapeze, Poppy.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Thanks Moviepas. As an LA native, I was most disappointed at the gaping black hole in the Criterion Olympics collection where the 1932 Olympics should have been.

Apologies for thread derail. Now back to our eagerly anticipated Kino announcements.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming June 15th!

Take This Job and Shove It (1981)
• B&W and Color Stills Gallery
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Robert Hays (Airplane!) and Barbara Hershey (Hannah and Her Sisters) co-star in this keg of laughs that never runs dry! When corporate hotshot Frank Macklin (Hays) is sent back to his hometown to upgrade the Pickett Brewery, he just wants to get in, make the changes and get back out. But once Frank has had a tall drink of refreshing down-home life, instituting cold-hearted productivity increases at the plant becomes tougher. And when his bosses tell Frank his job is to betray the workers, he’ll have to act fast to save the good times... and the good brew! The excellent cast features David Keith (Heartbreak Hotel), Tim Thomerson (Trancers), Martin Mull (Clue), Penelope Milford (Coming Home), Royal Dano (The Outlaw Josey Wales), Eddie Albert (TV’s Green Acres), Art Carney (TV’s The Honeymooners) and country music legends Charlie Rich, Johnny Paycheck, David Allan Coe and more. Directed by cult filmmaker Gus Trikonis (The Swinging Barmaids, Moonshine County Express, The Evil).

TakeThisJob_Bluray_2.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming June 15th!

Body Slam (1986)
• Brand New HD Master from a 2K scan of the Interpositive
• NEW Interview with Actor Barry Gordon
• 2 Theatrical Trailers (Newly Restored in HD)
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

From legendary stuntman-turned-director Hal Needham (Smokey and the Bandit, Hooper, The Cannonball Run) comes Body Slam, the craziest, funniest, rocking-est wrestling movie of all time! M. Harry Smilac (Dirk Benedict, TV’s The A-Team) is a talent agent who’d sell his mother for a dollar... fifty cents after negotiations. But Harry finally hits the big time with a rhythm-and-bruise road show that combines rock music and professional wrestling. Tanya Roberts (TV’s Charlie’s Angels) co-stars with a bevy of real-life wrestling greats including Roddy Piper (They Live), Sam “The Tonga Kid” Fatu (Highlander) and Captain Lou Albano (Wise Guys) in this raucous action-comedy from the king of death-defying Hollywood mayhem! The stellar cast also includes Barry Gordon (A Thousand Clowns), Charles Nelson Reilly (TV’s The Ghost & Mrs. Muir), Billy Barty (Foul Play), John Fujioka (American Ninja) and John Astin (TV’s The Addams Family).

BodySlam_Bluray_2.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Coming June 15th!

Take This Job and Shove It (1981)
• B&W and Color Stills Gallery
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Robert Hays (Airplane!) and Barbara Hershey (Hannah and Her Sisters) co-star in this keg of laughs that never runs dry! When corporate hotshot Frank Macklin (Hays) is sent back to his hometown to upgrade the Pickett Brewery, he just wants to get in, make the changes and get back out. But once Frank has had a tall drink of refreshing down-home life, instituting cold-hearted productivity increases at the plant becomes tougher. And when his bosses tell Frank his job is to betray the workers, he’ll have to act fast to save the good times... and the good brew! The excellent cast features David Keith (Heartbreak Hotel), Tim Thomerson (Trancers), Martin Mull (Clue), Penelope Milford (Coming Home), Royal Dano (The Outlaw Josey Wales), Eddie Albert (TV’s Green Acres), Art Carney (TV’s The Honeymooners) and country music legends Charlie Rich, Johnny Paycheck, David Allan Coe and more. Directed by cult filmmaker Gus Trikonis (The Swinging Barmaids, Moonshine County Express, The Evil).

View attachment 89841
More Barbara Hershey on Blu-ray disc: always a good thing!

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
Any chance of do you have anything Lionel Atwill and Gloria stuart and Paul Lukas and director Kurt Neumann film and also film claude rains and Heather angel and Valerie Hobson mystery horror film anything part your universal new deal kino? I would love buy both them on blu ray get new remastered 4k scan or 2k scan transfer from universal mvd dvd.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming June 29th from CODE RED!
Distributed by Kino Lorber!

Delirium (1987) Le foto di Gioia
• 2016 HD Master
• Interviews with Director Lamberto Bava, Actor George Eastman, Cinematographer Gianlorenzo Battaglia and Art Director Massimo Antonello Geleng
• Vintage Interviews with Lamberto Bava, George Eastman and David Brandon
• Trailers

Gioia (Serena Grandi, star of Tinto Brass’ Miranda) is a buxom centerfold working for Pussycat magazine. In such a profession, having an admirer or two is expected, but Gioia’s new admirer is a vicious killer! He murders her fellow magazine models one at a time, using a variety of twisted implements of death. Gioia is the lucky recipient of a collection of photos, each with murdered bodies arranged around posters of her. Renowned Italian star Grandi, known as the Dolly Parton of Italy, leads the cast in this Giallo classic, which features George Eastman (Hands of Steel, Blastfighter, After the Fall of New York, Ironmaster) David Brandon (Stage Fright, Caligula the Untold Story, She), Daria Nicolodi (Deep Red, Tenebre, Inferno, Opera) and screen legend Capucine (The Pink Panther, Red Sun). Delirium was wonderfully directed by Lamberto Bava (Monster Shark, Blastfighter, Ironmaster) – now see this colorful Giallo in HD!

738329253967.jpg

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Bummer. When i first saw that Code Red was putting out Delirium i thought it was the Renato Polselli Delirium. A crazy but interesting film with Mickey Hargitay and Rita Calderoni. Oh well . Never mind.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

• 2016 HD Master
• Interviews with Director Lamberto Bava, Actor George Eastman, Cinematographer Gianlorenzo Battaglia and Art Director Massimo Antonello Geleng
• Trailers

Gioia (Serena Grandi, star of Tinto Brass’ Miranda) is a buxom centerfold working for Pussycat magazine. In such a profession, having an admirer or two is expected, but Gioia’s new admirer is a vicious killer! He murders her fellow magazine models one at a time, using a variety of twisted implements of death. Gioia is the lucky recipient of a collection of photos, each with murdered bodies arranged around posters of her. Renowned Italian star Grandi, known as the Dolly Parton of Italy, leads the cast in this Giallo classic, which features George Eastman (Hands of Steel, Blastfighter, After the Fall of New York, Ironmaster) David Brandon (Stage Fright, Caligula the Untold Story, She), Daria Nicolodi (Deep Red, Tenebre, Inferno, Opera) and screen legend Capucine (The Pink Panther, Red Sun). Delirium was wonderfully directed by Lamberto Bava (Monster Shark, Blastfighter, Ironmaster) – now see this colorful Giallo in HD!

View attachment 90423
That image will sell a few copies!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member

• 2016 HD Master
• Trailers

View attachment 90423
All I needed to see is one word ... Capucine! I'm in!

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I haven't seen Lamberto Bava's Delirium but it looks pretty good from what i've read. Will probably blind buy this. Seems to have a pretty good cast.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
In case there's a misunderstanding, we're not asking SOME of the HTF membership to follow this request, but EVERYONE.

Please. Stop. Asking. About. Titles.
It looks like your warnings are being ignored by some members so I'm afraid more drastic action is now in play.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Coming in October!
Brand New 2K Masters!

KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER (1974-75)
Starring Darren McGavin & Simon Oakland

Artwork, bonus features and additional details will be announced later.

View attachment 90474

Thought it was said this title was still with another label? Guess it wasn't after all. :) (or did their rights expire or a separation in DVD and Blu-Ray rights?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks