What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (3 Viewers)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Hi KL if you are working on another deal with MGM please consider some of their B movies such as Pharaoh's Curse, The Flame Barrier and Monstroid - they might not be great sellers but it will make collectors happy while you still release great films that should be good sellers. :)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
We will have an announcement tomorrow at 11:00AM on Facebook and Twitter. No Sunday announcement.

klsc.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Hi KL if you are working on another deal with MGM please consider some of their B movies such as Pharaoh's Curse, The Flame Barrier and Monstroid - they might not be great sellers but it will make collectors happy while you still release great films that should be good sellers. :)

Sorry, but we're not interested in any of these. We would have to remaster all three and have released similar titles and most performed poorly.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

The Night of the Following Day (1969)
Starring Marlon Brando, Richard Boone, Rita Moreno, Pamela Franklin, Jess Hahn & Al Lettieri – Shot by Willy Kurant (Masculin Féminin) – Music by Stanley Myers (The Deer Hunter) – Based on a Novel by Lionel White (The Killing) – Directed by Hubert Cornfield (Pressure Point).

1607184042956.png

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
That is a most unusual film. I have the blu ray from France.

I saw it when it came out and was very taken with it. Hubert Cornfeld was a really interesting director. I have the France Blu-ray, too, which is okay - wondering if this will use that transfer, since there's no information here at all.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I saw it when it came out and was very taken with it. Hubert Cornfeld was a really interesting director. I have the France Blu-ray, too, which is okay - wondering if this will use that transfer, since there's no information here at all.
Hopefully new information will be forthcoming.

Mike Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
A while back Away All Boats was mentioned as being the sole Universal Vista Vision title. Was hoping this might have been part of Kino's Universal deal, but nothing further was mentioned. Was there no interest in offering this title or is there some other issue?

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Since KL has already released "Company Business" (1991), any chance of these other 2 Nicholas Meyer-penned classics(?):

Judge Dee And the Monastery Murders (1974)

The Seven Percent Solution (1976)

Happy holly(wood)days

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks